Is 22 psi normal boost for a stock '19 Si?

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
Highest I've seen with mine is 19. Most of the time, the high is 16-17.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Augenauf

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Are you consistently getting 22 psi?
I only tried twice to get the boost all the way up. First time was 19 or 20 psi, the second time 22 psi. Don't really wanna gun it too much till I know what tune this thing has. I already ordered the ktuner from TSP, so I'll know soon enough.

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
I only tried twice to get the boost all the way up. First time was 19 or 20 psi, the second time 22 psi. Don't really wanna gun it too much till I know what tune this thing has. I already ordered the ktuner from TSP, so I'll know soon enough.
Let us know, I read your other thread as well so I'm curious what you find out.

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
How often have you seen 22psi? Were you in sport mode?

If you were in sport mode and under the right conditions, you can see 20-22psi on the dash boost gauge. I've seen 21psi before I was tuned. Also in a 2019 Si.

In case everyone forgot, a stock Si pushes out 20.3 psi from the factory.

1616600760086.png
Yea no. You will never see 20-22 psi on the factory tune. You will almost always see 16-17 psi and occasionally 18.

OP
OP
Augenauf

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Let us know, I read your other thread as well so I'm curious what you find out.
i'll post an update here after i've reflashed it. aside from trying to figure out the mystery tune, i've done my own multi point inspection of the car. So far i've replaced missing screws from the engine cover underneath the car, missing bolts/washers/grommets from the intake and changed the oil to pennzoil platinum + K&N filter. The damn thing had an AC Delco filter on it, with god knows what oil. Went ahead and replaced the cabin air filter too.

As for the tune... worst case scenario, if I can't factory flash, I'll just flash one of those super mild tunes and keep it like that. At least i'll know what I'm running.

Thank you guys for all the help!!

OP
OP
Augenauf

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yea no. You will never see 20-22 psi on the factory tune. You will almost always see 16-17 psi and occasionally 18.
It's kinda disappointing that this isn't a factory tune lol. But I had a feeling it wasn't stock the first time I hit WOT in her. Coming from a 180hp 1.5t hatch, this felt like way more than the 20 extra hp/torque the Si brings. I hope the factory tune isn't too much of a let down lol.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
KTuner does NOT download the factory tune from the ECU on the initial flash. The Factory tunes are kept on KTuner servers and get upload to the KTuner device when you go online through the program. There are even separate factory options if you received the Oil Dilution update.

You can flash over anything that is currently on the ECU. The ECU is not locked to a specific device. The device is locked to a specific ECU.

OP
OP
Augenauf

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
KTuner does NOT download the factory tune from the ECU on the initial flash. The Factory tunes are kept on KTuner servers and get upload to the KTuner device when you go online through the program. There are even separate factory options if you received the Oil Dilution update.

You can flash over anything that is currently on the ECU. The ECU is not locked to a specific device. The device is locked to a specific ECU.
Well, just an update... i actually managed to get in touch with the previous owner, a former member here, and it definitely still is tuned. He was running a flex fuel kit, so that explains that P0128 code that won't go away. Unfortunately he doesn't know much about it, as it was done by someone else. The rest of the car has been returned to stock. Am I running any risk by driving the car on just premium gas, on the mystery flex fuel tune?

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
I would take it easy until you have a tuning solution to flash over whatever mess was left in there. The other option would be dealership but if you still have warranty coverage, asking them to flash stock tune may send up red flags.
So if you were going to tune anyways just flash over with either KTuner or HondaData ( your preference).

If you want it stock then get the dealer you bought it from flash the factory tune.

OP
OP
Augenauf

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
One last update for anyone that cares... I was able to reflash to stock, no problem. Using Ktuner was simple and straightforward. Only problem now is the car is disappointingly slow
and rev hang sucks lol. I think I'll hang on to the Ktuner, just in case ;) Thanks guys!

Honda Civic 10th gen Is 22 psi normal boost for a stock '19 Si? 20210329_184404_copy_3000x2250

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
If you have KTuner, make a conservative tune with rev hang disabled. All the basemaps are safe by the way.

If you are looking for some get up and go, for minimal $$$, pick up Phearable 1.5 tune. Stock clutch can hold this tune no problem if you know how to drive. It is absolutely amazing.

OP
OP
Augenauf

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you have KTuner, make a conservative tune with rev hang disabled. All the basemaps are safe by the way.

If you are looking for some get up and go, for minimal $$$, pick up Phearable 1.5 tune. Stock clutch can hold this tune no problem if you know how to drive. It is absolutely amazing.

I'll keep what you and GTman said in mind. Just really OCD about bending a rod or something. I'll keep the ktuner then consider reflashing when she's paid off. Got it from Two Step, so it came with their tune.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
TSP tune is good also. I have that, the Phearable 1.5 and the Phearable 1.5R
Sponsored