Is this normal for the delayed wipers......

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just noticed today that when my wipers are set on the delayed setting, on the fastest speed, that they only go that speed when the car is moving, when its parked they go at the slowest speed regardless of the setting.
Is that normal cause somehow if it is, I never noticed it in six months.
Sponsored

Gm52380

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Speed sensitive wipers.

Had them on my 07 Civic too. Basically they figure if the car is not moving, such as at a stoplight, then the wipers won't need to wipe as often, vs when the car is at speed on the highway getting blasted by the cars in front of you.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Speed sensitive wipers.

Had them on my 07 Civic too. Basically they figure if the car is not moving, such as at a stoplight, then the wipers won't need to wipe as often, vs when the car is at speed on the highway getting blasted by the cars in front of you.
Thanks!- I don't know why I never noticed it before. Its getting to the point where every time I notice something I didn't before, I'm like , oh what now. I guess reading all this stuff on here has made me a bit paranoid, especially since I have had some actual problems lately :(

Marcy161

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also if you don’t like the speed sensitive setting you can turn it off in the settings

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also if you don’t like the speed sensitive setting you can turn it off in the settings
You know,, they just did a factory reset, may be it was off before and thats why I didn't notice it.
Sponsored