First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow!! Did you do this yourself? If so how did it feel?

also Do you have part numbers for the type r fuel pipe, and pressure regulator.
I don’t have this setup installed, but from research and mild testing I know that setup will work. I’ve already tried using RI c1 port injection kit with modifications. Used the ri rail with honda fit feed hose on spacer, plugged injector holes in head, in conjunction with type r IM and lost power with that IM. So I returned to stock rail and feed hose. Haven’t gotten to the hard pipe yet. But connector on fuel pump module is same, and placement between 2 hard pipes is similar.
Sponsored

_jdavidfc4

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX 6 speed manual.
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen FC2 and FC4 Development Thread IMG_7466
@Romeoridgee would the JE 10.5:1 pistons and type R rods fit the k20c2 if one decided to build the motor? Might add to a future list to prep for boost.
If so can you provide the part numbers for the crank and rods? And a link to the pistons? I’m definitely considering it.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IMG_7466.png
@Romeoridgee would the JE 10.5:1 pistons and type R rods fit the k20c2 if one decided to build the motor? Might add to a future list to prep for boost.
If so can you provide the part numbers for the crank and rods? And a link to the pistons? I’m definitely considering it.
Bore and stroke are exact. We already have test fitted a type r/accord crank (same part number between those 2) and c1 oil pump in the c2 and it works. timing chain, guides, tensioner arm, intake vtc actuator are all same part number between c1 and c2 which means deck height should be the same. haven’t gotten to rods and pistons yet for full confirmation.

Before I found this link with different comp ratios, I recommended the je 10.5 because that’s the highest comp I could see closest to our ratio, I would be comfortable boosting around the same if not more than our 10.8
https://rzcrewgarage.com/products/r...5mm-8-5-to-15-0-compression-ratio-honda-k20c1

Part numbers
C1/c4 crank - 13310-RPY-G10
C1/c4 rods. - 13210-6B2-A00
C2*/c4 crank pulser plate - 13622-5BA-A00
Accord and c2 share same pulser plate, we got a used c4 crank that already came with the plate, but you can reuse yours.

Last edited:

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Or if you want to go balls to the wall, I’ve created a parts list for this, you could do a whole c4 block so you can run the type r transmission. Need type r upper mounts and custom axles.

_jdavidfc4

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Or if you want to go balls to the wall, I’ve created a parts list for this, you could do a whole c4 block so you can run the type r transmission. Need type r upper mounts and custom axles.
Thankfully I am not planning on getting another car in the future (besides a family car when that time comes). So hell yes this is gonna be worth it. I and possibly many others will appreciate any wisdom that is shared here. Thank you so much King 🙏

also here’s a photo of my car recently. So much planned already
Honda Civic 10th gen FC2 and FC4 Development Thread IMG_6867_

_jdavidfc4

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Alrighty, so I have a topic that I think should be explored. With the talks of going turbo on the c2 (Until that becomes a reality) in the future, we need to know how much can the stock c2 transmission handle. Im sure most don’t want to be on borrowed time with a boosted setup.

How can we build the transmission to withstand boost? Machine shop? What Parts to find to assemble/rebuild trans?

The clutch will give out so that will have to be upgraded too.
What kind of clutch will absolutely fit to handle higher Hp/Tq for the c2?

I don’t have the knowledge of building transmissions. From what I know based on limited research I was told that the motor can handle ~300WHP~ 250WTQ

I don’t know about how much the stock trans can hold and ofc the clutch will probably not hold higher power either.

for those who know more than me correct me if I’m wrong if there’s anything above

(Already bought type r head studs from 4P wil not install until I have acquired all other parts to build the c2 motor to avoid high labor fees.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
JonStewK20C2

JonStewK20C2

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX K20C2 6MT
Country flag
alrighty so I have a topic that I think should be explored. With the talks going turbo on the c2 (Until that becomes a reality) in the future we have to know how much can the transmission handle. Im sure most don’t want to be borrowed time with a boosted setup.

How can we build the transmission to withstand boost? Machine shop? What Parts to find to assemble/rebuild trans?

The clutch will give out so that will have to be upgraded too.
What kind of clutch will absolutely fit to handle higher Hp/Tq for the c2?

My knowledge ends here since I’m not smart in that realm. from what I know based on limited research I was told that the motor can handle ~300Whp 250WTQ

i don’t know about the trans and ofc the clutch will be fried.

for those who know correct me if I’m wrong.

(Already bought type r head studs from 4P wil not install until I have acquired all other parts to build the c2 motor)
Well since the 6mt in the FC2 and FC4 is the same as those found in the 1.5T (non si) FC and FK cars I'd just mimic one of the 1.5T guys transmission builds. So that would probably look like upgrading 3rd and 4th gear, either to capts or rv6. You theoretically could get final drive replacements but I don't think we would have any issue with the stock gearing. Then you are looking at a limited slip diff since with the boatload of extra torque you will actually be able to put it down efficently. And then a clutch that could handle that power on top. That's where it gets tricky though cause I don't think the 1.5T clutch kits work with the C2. That's really just the overview. You'd also be looking for a shop that specializes in transmittions for that work if you don't have the skills to do so yourself.

Side not I have a big write up coming in the next while. Just got the rear sway bar and bushing on the car and it feels amazing. Still more work to be done but it's coming along nicely. That writeup likely won't come out till after I get back from my 5100km round trip down to Tail of the Dragon for WtD2024. Gonna be fun.

_jdavidfc4

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well since the 6mt in the FC2 and FC4 is the same as those found in the 1.5T (non si) FC and FK cars I'd just mimic one of the 1.5T guys transmission builds. So that would probably look like upgrading 3rd and 4th gear, either to capts or rv6. You theoretically could get final drive replacements but I don't think we would have any issue with the stock gearing. Then you are looking at a limited slip diff since with the boatload of extra torque you will actually be able to put it down efficently. And then a clutch that could handle that power on top. That's where it gets tricky though cause I don't think the 1.5T clutch kits work with the C2. That's really just the overview. You'd also be looking for a shop that specializes in transmittions for that work if you don't have the skills to do so yourself.
I have a guy (fc3pumbs) who works from home and thankfully he doesn’t charge by the hour just by the type job only. With his help I can get the trans upgraded from the gears and LSD within a day or 2 in the future. And whichever else is needed.

hopefully someone can shed some light on the clutch/flywheel upgrade.

Glad you are liking the sway bar setup. Hope to see the detailed write up soon.

_jdavidfc4

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen FC2 and FC4 Development Thread IMG_7605

Honda Civic 10th gen FC2 and FC4 Development Thread IMG_7608
Honda Civic 10th gen FC2 and FC4 Development Thread IMG_7609

I think you guys are going to be interested in this. Made 183WHP/152WTQ with E85 mix according to virtual dyno. Going to keep pushing this thing to max out this fuel system.

_jdavidfc4

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Had a short conversation with my tuner (anatuned). He stated that my injector duty cycle was at 70% despite having E85 mix. Idk how he is tuning it to not run lean aswell as gaining power but yeah goes to show that the C2 when tuned right can make gains although not a lot.

Last edited:

OP
OP
JonStewK20C2

JonStewK20C2

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX K20C2 6MT
Country flag
Howdy folks just me doing a bit of a shameless plug here. Some folks may know that I'm heading down to Tail of the Dragon for WtD2024. I'll be posting my journey and some onboard footage of the runs on my youtube and instagram so if anyone want's to follow along and see how the FC2 is doing on it's new suspension upgrades, that's the place to see it!
Youtube

Instagram

_jdavidfc4

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen FC2 and FC4 Development Thread IMG_7714

New revision. 5 gallons of E85 on the K20c2 Officially pushing 191WHP/192WTQ. Tuned by anatuned (IG handle)
Definitely in no man’s land with this power on the K20c2.

Will keep pushing this car until the fuel system is maxed out. After which that I’ll drive for 1000 miles before I update the tune thread from @gtman about the experience

only thing missing is a flex fuel kit to mix fuel. Hard to guess when refilling if the fuel tank is not almost empty. (Someone make it happen please)

Edit: car pulls so hard in especially in 3rd gear. I know these numbers aren’t impressive compared to a 1.5T or 2.0T. But for a k20c2 N/A no turbo….holy moly it’s so much more torque compared to stock. I hope the engine/trans doesn’t grenade. 💥

Last edited:

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
Opinions on Water/Meth injection kits ?

for naturally aspirated of course...

https://www.aemelectronics.com/products/water_methanol/na_high_compression/parts/30-3350

https://www.snowperformance.eu/en/water-injection/boost-cooler/gasoline

I think this DevilsOwn one...
https://methanol-injection.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=29

Water injection systems prevent or suppress detonation. It works by spraying an extremely fine mist direct into the intake manifold at a pre selected boost pressure or in the case of naturally aspirated engines, a pre-selected RPM.

A general rule of thumb is that an engine will output one percent more horsepower for every 10 degrees intake temperature is decreased.

At minimum, you should have some sort of engine management that can be tuned to adjust timing, boost, and fuel curves to compensate for the octane boost and cooling effects.

Decent FAQ

https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/impp-1101-water-methanol-injection/

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_7714.jpeg

New revision. 5 gallons of E85 on the K20c2 Officially pushing 191WHP/192WTQ. Tuned by anatuned (IG handle)
Definitely in no man’s land with this power on the K20c2.

Will keep pushing this car until the fuel system is maxed out. After which that I’ll drive for 1000 miles before I update the tune thread from @gtman about the experience

only thing missing is a flex fuel kit to mix fuel. Hard to guess when refilling if the fuel tank is not almost empty. (Someone make it happen please)

Edit: car pulls so hard in especially in 3rd gear. I know these numbers aren’t impressive compared to a 1.5T or 2.0T. But for a k20c2 N/A no turbo….holy moly it’s so much more torque compared to stock. I hope the engine/trans doesn’t grenade. 💥
A lot of us would love to see the car on a real dyno. I simply can't wrap my head around the 192 WTQ number. That's mind boggling. And I know you said getting dyno'd is expensive. Do you happen to have a nearby speedway to do a 1/4 mile run and post the time slips?

I'm not doubting your numbers legitimacy. They just go against everything I thought I knew about these cars.

Last edited:

_jdavidfc4

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A lot of us would love to see the car on a real dyno. I simply can't wrap my head around the 192 WTQ number. That's mind boggling. And I know you said getting dyno'd is expensive. Do you happen to have a nearby speedway to do a 1/4 mile run and post the time slips?

I'm not doubting your numbers legitimacy. They just go against everything I thought I knew about tuning.
I completely understand. I want to make sure that I am being transparent as possible. For one yeah this is not a roller dyno. I was street tuned. The way I get my numbers is using a virtual dyno that my tuner (anatuned) uses.

Now I don’t know how he does it or what software he uses but he presents them to me after each revision. The Virtual dyno from what i understand is NOT 100% accurate compared to roller dyno. It merely gives me an idea on where I stand based on the datalogs. It would be expensive to have a roller dyno session over and over per revision.

And yeah these new numbers of course I personally questioned it too because yeah there’s no turbo and the C2 isn’t known to be a torquey motor based on research and for all I know the numbers could be a lot lower than what the graphs say.

From experience I’ve been driving this thing for 4 years everyday. I’ve been tuned for about 2 years and custom tuned for about a year. This latest revision it does feel quicker I can feel it. I’ve been racing cars that have about twice the HP numbers and torque compared to me. And yet I can still keep up and sometimes win.

I am doing what I can with what’s available for the C2 platform since theres not a lot of support compared to the 1.5T or 2.0T. I enjoy the car for what it is and am willing to take the risk to push it to limits. If it breaks then thats on me and I’ll report it. I can swap for a new motor and have my guy help me install it.

Also for the speedway no they got rid of the one in the city Fontana (closest to me) because of politics. The closest one is 40 miles away at the irwindale speedway. But idk if that’s a 1/4 or 1/8 pass. I will do that someday to see the times on this new setup.
Sponsored

Last edited: