Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
Eh, let's do the math here... I got my Si new in 2019 for $22,600 +TTL. It would've been closer to $37k+TTL for a CTR.

My out-the-door cost for registering in Kansas + 3-4% interest over 60 months put me at right about $27k for my SI. That number would be $45k for a CTR. Closer to $20k difference!

Add to that the "type R tax" where mods are more expensive for a CTR compared to an Si. My $10k in mods on my Si would be $15k for same mods to a type r.
I didn't sit down a negotiate the 'out the door' price for both cars. Sounds like you did.
My Si was $27,000 out the door in 2019, and the sticker price on the CTR was around $37.K
So yeah, more than $10.K. and it wouldn't make sense to put 10.K into an Si, if a CTR was only $10 to 15.K more.
Sponsored

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
I do have the ark-d exhaust, but just the catback without catted downpipe and front pipe (waiting on tsp catted downpipe). Really nice sound. drone is tad much but seems to settle after 2k miles or so. Kinda makes the car more lively but less comfortable.

I do highly recommend the spoon stiff plate. I was kinda skeptical with it thinking maybe its a fancy front strut bar, but it really gives the car a lot more improved and notably heavier steering feel in a way Ive not experienced with any other strut bar. It is cheaper on blackhawk japan
https://www.blackhawkjapan.com/collections/spoon/products/spoon-50260-fka-000

with wheels I also used that same site to get a set of forged wedsport tc105 in 18x9.5 +35. Got it late last year for around USD$ 2,433 shipped, or JPY 376k. If you want no nonsense wheels, OAKOS is doing a sale on rpf1's buy 3 get 1 free, ending 4/30. I cannot get a better price on rpf1s anywhere else.

I agree rear swaybar is great. However on my fk7, the whiteline rear bar does make a lot of noise and gets squeaky. I decided to get a rv6 rear bar w endlinks for the fk7 to replace it in the future.

btw if you ever do decide to get Silvers as a coilover option, highly recommend checking whoosh motorsports. I have a fiesta st and have been getting parts from them over the years, but will hit them up for parts for my evo x and civic si, if the part manfucturer in question is in their existing catalogue (ie - radium, koyo, arp). I was able to get a very reasonable price on my silvers coilover w swift springs.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
interestingly with rv6 parts it seems like it is cheaper to buy from them directly, but I could be wrong. even with 5% off code it seems more expensive via more popular vendors here (to be respectful I don't want to name anyone)

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wheels and tires should be a top priority for canyon carving. You'll get more noticeable performance from those than coilovers.

Also, high temp brake fluid, stainless lines, and more aggressive brake pads should be considered a high priority. Having brakes go spongy in twisties is a butt pucker moment for sure.

Castrol SRF has the highest wet boiling point around. I've had EBC yellow hold up fine in the mountains, but they're very dusty for daily duty. They are also not as sure feeling as a mild track compound

Last edited:

icemansi

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2009 Fit Sport
Country flag
1+ for lighter wheels and sticky tires
Then
Rear sway bar
And
Cold or SR intake for the sound factor alone.

OP
OP
Kingtut1994

Kingtut1994

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si coupe, 2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I do have the ark-d exhaust, but just the catback without catted downpipe and front pipe (waiting on tsp catted downpipe). Really nice sound. drone is tad much but seems to settle after 2k miles or so. Kinda makes the car more lively but less comfortable.

I do highly recommend the spoon stiff plate. I was kinda skeptical with it thinking maybe its a fancy front strut bar, but it really gives the car a lot more improved and notably heavier steering feel in a way Ive not experienced with any other strut bar. It is cheaper on blackhawk japan
https://www.blackhawkjapan.com/collections/spoon/products/spoon-50260-fka-000

with wheels I also used that same site to get a set of forged wedsport tc105 in 18x9.5 +35. Got it late last year for around USD$ 2,433 shipped, or JPY 376k. If you want no nonsense wheels, OAKOS is doing a sale on rpf1's buy 3 get 1 free, ending 4/30. I cannot get a better price on rpf1s anywhere else.

I agree rear swaybar is great. However on my fk7, the whiteline rear bar does make a lot of noise and gets squeaky. I decided to get a rv6 rear bar w endlinks for the fk7 to replace it in the future.

btw if you ever do decide to get Silvers as a coilover option, highly recommend checking whoosh motorsports. I have a fiesta st and have been getting parts from them over the years, but will hit them up for parts for my evo x and civic si, if the part manfucturer in question is in their existing catalogue (ie - radium, koyo, arp). I was able to get a very reasonable price on my silvers coilover w swift springs.
I'm kind of leaning away from the ark-d exhaust now because I have heard about some drone. I'm considering the Awe Touring exhaust because it's specifically marketed towards daily drivers. Plus the sound seems pretty good from what I've heard. I also plan on maybe getting a downpipe in the future.

I'll check out the spoon stiff plate! Haven't heard of that website, I'll check it out too!

That's good to know about the whiteline, I definitely don't want the squeaking. I have heard good things about rv6, so I'll check that one out.

I haven't done a huge amount of research on coilovers, but I do want some that give me a smoother ride, but also giving that good amount of grip from a lower ride height and a little camber. Would lowering springs be a better option? Or should I just stick to coilovers?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Kingtut1994

Kingtut1994

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Wheels and tires should be a top priority for canyon carving. You'll get more noticeable performance from those than coilovers.

Also, high temp brake fluid, stainless lines, and more aggressive brake pads should be considered a high priority. Having brakes go spongy in twisties is a butt pucker moment for sure.

Castrol SRF has the highest wet boiling point around. I've had EBC yellow hold up fine in the mountains, but they're very dusty for daily duty. They are also not as sure feeling as a mild track compound
I will definitely be getting wheels and tires when I get my coilovers and camber arms! That'll be close to one of the first things.

Good to know about fluids and lines! Didn't think about that!

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I haven't done a huge amount of research on coilovers, but I do want some that give me a smoother ride, but also giving that good amount of grip from a lower ride height and a little camber. Would lowering springs be a better option? Or should I just stick to coilovers?
Springs are just really simple and straightforward. No real second guessing.

Some coilovers don't come with suspension error cancellers or ADS modules. Then height adjustability, rebound, compression, spring rates, etc, it can get a bit overwhelming if you don't know what you are looking for.

Last edited:

kendall_si

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
If you wanted to save a couple bucks, you could just get the acuity stage 2 (i think stage 2?) package. Comes with the short throw adapter, base/cable bushings, and rocker arm. Made a massive difference in shifter feel, and was still cheaper than the fully adjustable short shifter, if that’s what you have been referring to.

EBC yellow stuff are amazing for the price point. 86s was correct though, so much dust. I’ve got the ebc blank rotors, but for even more braking power you can pick up their slotted rotors for not a whole lot more money.

May want to look into an upgraded CMC to go with the rv6 clutch kit. I’m untuned and have put about 1000 miles on mine, and I’m having small issues with lockout and pedal feel

OP
OP
Kingtut1994

Kingtut1994

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If you wanted to save a couple bucks, you could just get the acuity stage 2 (i think stage 2?) package. Comes with the short throw adapter, base/cable bushings, and rocker arm. Made a massive difference in shifter feel, and was still cheaper than the fully adjustable short shifter, if that’s what you have been referring to.

EBC yellow stuff are amazing for the price point. 86s was correct though, so much dust. I’ve got the ebc blank rotors, but for even more braking power you can pick up their slotted rotors for not a whole lot more money.

May want to look into an upgraded CMC to go with the rv6 clutch kit. I’m untuned and have put about 1000 miles on mine, and I’m having small issues with lockout and pedal feel
Perfect thanks! I'll look into that. I was referring to the fully adjustable short shifter, yes.

I'll probably not get slotted rotors, because I don't think I'll need upgraded ones unless I track the car. I'll just go with some upgraded brake lines and pads if I have issues with the stock brakes.

I didn't think about upgrading the cmc, thanks! I planned on just going with the type r retrofit kit.

OP
OP
Kingtut1994

Kingtut1994

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Order of buying parts, and changes:

- RV6 Type R retrofit clutch and flywheel upgrade
- Eibach Sport-plus lowering springs/sway bar kit
- SPC rear camber arms
- Anovia Kano Chrome wheels 18x9.5 +38
- 255/35 tires (can't decide yet on which ones)
- AWE Touring tri-tip exhaust
- PRL Cobra CAI
- Mishimoto Intercooler with charge pipes
- yellow stuff front brake pads
- steel braided brake lines / high temp brake fluid
- acuity short shifter / billetlabs shift knob
- type r front bumper/grill replacement
- side skirts/rear diffuser/front lip
- Ktuner
--- Undecided on if I want to go past this point or not ---
- caruse aero flap
- PRL catted downpipe
- EPR carbon fiber hood
- bigger turbo (haven't researched enough to know what's my best option)
- PRL turbo inlet pipe

Let me know what you think, if I need to move anything up/down on the list, or add anything

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you plan to ever autocross, the 9.5 width wheel will put you in class with much more heavily modified cars

The AWE exhaust will have a bad drone if you ever add a downpipe

OP
OP
Kingtut1994

Kingtut1994

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If you plan to ever autocross, the 9.5 width wheel will put you in class with much more heavily modified cars

The AWE exhaust will have a bad drone if you ever add a downpipe
I don't plan on autocross, just weekend canyon carving.

Even with the touring edition? Can you recommend some other exhausts that won't drone as bad with an aftermarket dp? I also considered the greddy DDR, but I've heard there may also be some drone with a aftermarket downpipe with that one as well

I'll probably still stick with the awe for now since I don't plan on getting an aftermarket downpipe for a long time. If I ever do decide it, I'll probably just sell the exhaust and get something else .

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anything you do with a downpipe is going to benefit from an additional resonator

OP
OP
Kingtut1994

Kingtut1994

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Anything you do with a downpipe is going to benefit from an additional resonator
Good to know. I'll probably stick with AWE Touring and then just add a resonator if I ever get a downpipe
Sponsored