Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
I have to think the TL being heavier has something to do with the increased wear, but I wouldn't try to steer anyone away from the DWS06, either.
Sponsored

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since they have such a huge effect on performance, safety, comfort, NVH, etc. tires are not where I would look to go cheap.

Tempting as it is.

I did not enjoy forking out $ 1,400 for my last full set of factory Continentals.

Even thought about switching to Michelins - seeing as unlike the Conti's they come with a tread warranty, but then I was looking at $ 2,000 /set. Yikes. Lower upfront outlay won over long term savings.
For a tire I might not even like as much as the factory Continentals, $ 2K is a lot. Doubt I would dislike them, but tires have a very specific feel to them.

Back in 2020, six months before I traded it, I went from the factory Goodyear Eagle All Seasons that came on my SI, to Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. A huge upgrade, right? Except in some ways, the Goodyear set actually felt better. Not as cushy as the Michelins, but they had faster turn in and just felt lighter.
The point is that both were reputable, well made tires.

My best advice? Save money on something else.
If you really don't have the budget, then get the best you can, Tire Rack is a good resource for reviews and road tests. So a good starting point.

As for tire shopping, not obvious. I actually priced out my last set of Continentals at Discount Tire, Big O, Tire Rack, and two Honda dealers.

Go figure, the dealer was the lowest out the door price!

(Blue moon rising, pigs flying overhead).

OP
OP

VividDreams17

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
New Britain Connecticut United States Of America
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic coupe EX-T
BFG Comp-2 All Seasons are pretty good for their price, however, longevity leaves something to be desired. On my 3rd gen TL, those tires lasted like 25-30k miles.

On my Si, I'm already over 30k on the DWS06+ and still have 6/32" tread left.

Surely OP can use $700 out of that $60k AWD Civic HRV Type R budget for some decent tires šŸ˜…
Would be paying more then 700 for the hrv type r tires Iā€™ll pay for the r888r or spend 500+ per tire gotta go big or go bankrupt you know

OP
OP

VividDreams17

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
New Britain Connecticut United States Of America
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic coupe EX-T
Since they have such a huge effect on performance, safety, comfort, NVH, etc. tires are not where I would look to go cheap.

Tempting as it is.

I did not enjoy forking out $ 1,400 for my last full set of factory Continentals.

Even thought about switching to Michelins - seeing as unlike the Conti's they come with a tread warranty, but then I was looking at $ 2,000 /set. Yikes. Lower upfront outlay won over long term savings.
For a tire I might not even like as much as the factory Continentals, $ 2K is a lot. Doubt I would dislike them, but tires have a very specific feel to them.

Back in 2020, six months before I traded it, I went from the factory Goodyear Eagle All Seasons that came on my SI, to Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. A huge upgrade, right? Except in some ways, the Goodyear set actually felt better. Not as cushy as the Michelins, but they had faster turn in and just felt lighter.
The point is that both were reputable, well made tires.

My best advice? Save money on something else.
If you really don't have the budget, then get the best you can, Tire Rack is a good resource for reviews and road tests. So a good starting point.

As for tire shopping, not obvious. I actually priced out my last set of Continentals at Discount Tire, Big O, Tire Rack, and two Honda dealers.

Go figure, the dealer was the lowest out the door price!

(Blue moon rising, pigs flying overhead).
Thanks for the feed back Iā€™m not necessarily in a rush for new tires the ones I have, have good tread but they are 215 on a 9inch wheel so my fitment looks weird and the tires them self look weird and on some bumps I rub and some of my plastic in the front of the front fenders are rubbing the most I donā€™t have any issues with driving and cornering but the rubbing is my biggest concern i canā€™t even turn the wheel fully and turn out a spot without it rubbing.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If they are rubbing, that is not something to ignore, Can't be good for the tires or plastic

Sometimes I wonder if I should have bought another set of the Continental Extreme Nail-Magnets,
which burn tread like they were auditioning for Tokyo Drift 2.

So at least the last flat which just got fixed, on a tire less than a year old, was fully covered.

Shout out to Honda of Superstition Springs in Mesa, AZ and my service advisor Anthony Ramirez for handling that really well. Class act, highly recommended.

The distributor couldn't get the tire delivered to them in time that day - but they more than made up for my inconvenience by waiving everything but the sales tax. Very good people.
Sponsored