Montana Miner

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Toyo is a budget quality brand, I’ve run em on CAT 785 haul trucks (mining, $42,000 a tire). But as the previous poster noted, they are “budget” tires. They are not Continental extreme contact DWS, or Goodyear Eagles. But for the price they are fine. Crap tires are $120, top of the line are $270. Anything in between is, in the tire world, you get what you pay for. It’s a very competitive market.

never heard of Momo, probably an Indian made knock off, or Chinese crap. Toyo is a quality Japanese product. Do not buy Chinese crap.

Last edited:

Montana Miner

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I’ve run the Atlas Force UHP all season religiously and they have been a fantastic wearing sporty tire (held up really well on the tail of the dragon)
Thank you, they are made in Thailand, so not completely Chinese shit😎 but close😂

Atlas tires are now made by world-renowned manufacturers Shandong Linglong, based in China. They are one of the biggest tire manufacturers globally and have nearly a decade long experience. They bought Atlas Tires and have been manufacturing their tires since 2009.

You just can’t beat “NEARLY A DECADE LONG EXPERIENCE “

ilipac

@blueFK7
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you, they are made in Thailand, so not completely Chinese shit😎 but close😂

Atlas tires are now made by world-renowned manufacturers Shandong Linglong, based in China. They are one of the biggest tire manufacturers globally and have nearly a decade long experience. They bought Atlas Tires and have been manufacturing their tires since 2009.

You just can’t beat “NEARLY A DECADE LONG EXPERIENCE “
Linglong ftw

KensBlueGenX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 1.5l MT HB Sport
Country flag
Impossible question to answer without knowing what you goals for and priorities from a tire are:

Ride Comfort?
Minimal Fuel Usage?
Rolling Resistance?
Quietness?
Longevity?
Dry Handling?
Wet Handling?
Snow Traction?
Rain Traction?
Shortest Braking Distance?
Lowest Cost?
Highest Distance Life Rating?
Maximum Speed Rating?
Longest Warranty?
Best Puncture Resistance?
Best Manufacture's reputation?
Best Manufacture's Customer Service Record?
Place of Origin/where Made?
Probably some other factors I can't think of at the moment...

All tires are a compromise between these factors. There is no such thing as a, "best tire for the price."

OP
OP

VividDreams17

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
New Britain Connecticut United States Of America
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic coupe EX-T
Impossible question to answer without knowing what you goals for and priorities from a tire are:

Ride Comfort?
Minimal Fuel Usage?
Rolling Resistance?
Quietness?
Longevity?
Dry Handling?
Wet Handling?
Snow Traction?
Rain Traction?
Shortest Braking Distance?
Lowest Cost?
Highest Distance Life Rating?
Maximum Speed Rating?
Longest Warranty?
Best Puncture Resistance?
Best Manufacture's reputation?
Best Manufacture's Customer Service Record?
Place of Origin/where Made?
Probably some other factors I can't think of at the moment...

All tires are a compromise between these factors. There is no such thing as a, "best tire for the price."
I want tires
that the tread isn’t really soft
has longevity
really good handling in wet and dry situations and with rain traction
good braking distance
not to loud
Other than that I don’t need anything else I won’t use the wheel and tire setup in the snow so I’m not gonna worry about snow traction
And for Atleast under $175 a tire in the future wen I’m making more power I’ll look into spending 200+ but with me having a stocks EX-T with the occasional fast cornering driving on the highway and being able to keep traction on mountain/curvy roads

OP
OP

VividDreams17

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
New Britain Connecticut United States Of America
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic coupe EX-T
They’ve been great in rain and in light snow (I live in the northeast)
I live in the northeast too. u got them shipped and installed somewhere, installed by someone or u went to a tire shop I might be down to drive a lil to get them installed in person without having to wait for them to be shipped

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What tires are the best for the price Screenshot_20240420-195144

Here are three good options for the size you listed

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
Tires can make the difference between understeering off the road and swerving around an obstacle. Tires can make the difference between having enough space to brake and getting some rug burn from the airbag scraping across your arms. I've had good luck with these- running a set on the Civic now and had a set on the Fit I had before. Great grip especially in wet weather, and they lasted longer than all of the summer performance tires I had before. Downside is since they're directional you can't rotate them from side to side, but rotating front to rear hasn't caused any problems.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...r=2016&autoModel=Civic Coupe&autoModClar=EX-T

I have the DWS06 on a Boxster, they seem to have plenty of grip but I'm still getting used to the steering feel on that car, not sure if it's the car or the tire but I like the BFGs on the Civic better. If you're looking for more tread life and less sportiness, then I wouldn't look any further than the Michelin Crossclimate. Even if you don't use them in the snow, they're great everywhere else too. Just not as much ultimate grip, but they lasted 60k miles on the wife's Ridgeline, where I'd get 40k out of the BFGs.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...r=2016&autoModel=Civic Coupe&autoModClar=EX-T

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Tires can make the difference between understeering off the road and swerving around an obstacle. Tires can make the difference between having enough space to brake and getting some rug burn from the airbag scraping across your arms. I've had good luck with these- running a set on the Civic now and had a set on the Fit I had before. Great grip especially in wet weather, and they lasted longer than all of the summer performance tires I had before. Downside is since they're directional you can't rotate them from side to side, but rotating front to rear hasn't caused any problems.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+COMP-2+A/S+PLUS&partnum=15WR7GFC2ASPXL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Honda&autoYear=2016&autoModel=Civic Coupe&autoModClar=EX-T

I have the DWS06 on a Boxster, they seem to have plenty of grip but I'm still getting used to the steering feel on that car, not sure if it's the car or the tire but I like the BFGs on the Civic better. If you're looking for more tread life and less sportiness, then I wouldn't look any further than the Michelin Crossclimate. Even if you don't use them in the snow, they're great everywhere else too. Just not as much ultimate grip, but they lasted 60k miles on the wife's Ridgeline, where I'd get 40k out of the BFGs.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=CrossClimate2&partnum=15VR7CC2XL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Honda&autoYear=2016&autoModel=Civic Coupe&autoModClar=EX-T
BFG Comp-2 All Seasons are pretty good for their price, however, longevity leaves something to be desired. On my 3rd gen TL, those tires lasted like 25-30k miles.

On my Si, I'm already over 30k on the DWS06+ and still have 6/32" tread left.

Surely OP can use $700 out of that $60k AWD Civic HRV Type R budget for some decent tires 😅
Sponsored