What colour Type R are you going to get?

If you are going to purchase a new Type R what colour are you going to get?

• Championship White

Votes: 96 49.7%
  • Black

Votes: 27 14.0%
  • Ralley Red

Votes: 22 11.4%
  • Metallic Blue

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • Dark metallic Grey (TBC)

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • Sonic Grey (if available)

Votes: 6 3.1%

• Total voters

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All the dealers I spoke with were unable to make any color requests even after I mentioned people doing this with other dealers. (I requested this months ago) It's basically a get-what-you-get for all the ones I've spoken to, no requests whatsoever, if there was I would be more confident in getting CW!
If you are color specific, best bet would be to find a dealer that has the color you want and hope that no one has a customer in front of you. If you are okay with traveling, you might call some of the dealers in the less populated states that have rural dealers. Just my 2 cents.

If not, wait for a '18.
Sponsored

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
All the dealers I spoke with were unable to make any color requests even after I mentioned people doing this with other dealers. (I requested this months ago) It's basically a get-what-you-get for all the ones I've spoken to, no requests whatsoever, if there was I would be more confident in getting CW!
I hear what your saying, even though my dealer or possibly other dealers have asked their customer "what color do you want" does not mean that they are able to physically request that to honda. My dealer did ask me what color i wanted so that they know ahead of time for when they really can put a request in 'IF they even can'. My dealer owns two dealerships and i was the first, so they said between the two of them i get the CW one regardless. But as of right now, they cannot put any color requests in...i've had my deposit in since late jan.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
I hear what your saying, even though my dealer or possibly other dealers have asked their customer "what color do you want" does not mean that they are able to physically request that to honda. My dealer did ask me what color i wanted so that they know ahead of time for when they really can put a request in 'IF they even can'. My dealer owns two dealerships and i was the first, so they said between the two of them i get the CW one regardless. But as of right now, they cannot put any color requests in...i've had my deposit in since late jan.
Honestly I was just responding the the line in the quoted post that said if you requested a color before February, that's the color you will get. That statement is something I wish could be true, but is not for the dealers I have spoken to. (Before February, before anyone asks!)

Also, yes Vader, if the dealers I have spoken to do not get or cannot dealer trade for a CW, I think I will end up waiting for the '18. Maybe a blessing in disguise? Who knows anymore. We need a press release on the car already with pricing and availability already :p

OldPirate

Old Pirate
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Hyundia something like that....
Pricing should be coming out soon. All the car magazines are going to press soon for the June Issues and pricing should be in them with all the goodies too.:bow:

S&R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Itr
That's assuming your dealership is getting a CW in the first place....they might get other colors other than CW....Which would suck.:cry:BUT, I would honestly think you should have a good shot if your dealing with 2 dealers.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
"Other": Spa Yellow ;)

First pick from the list for me would be CW, then black, then... oh, I dunno, maybe blue, I guess.

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly I was just responding the the line in the quoted post that said if you requested a color before February, that's the color you will get. That statement is something I wish could be true, but is not for the dealers I have spoken to. (Before February, before anyone asks!)

Also, yes Vader, if the dealers I have spoken to do not get or cannot dealer trade for a CW, I think I will end up waiting for the '18. Maybe a blessing in disguise? Who knows anymore. We need a press release on the car already with pricing and availability already :p
I had my deposit in before feb but i wasn't aware of any color selection at the point. back in february my dealership didn't even know what colors would be produced so i don't how there would have been a way to select. who knows lol. We definitely need a press release! I'm hoping for monday(tmrw) as last monday we got the ring record update.

HondaSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
According to the dealer I have been working with, they have no control on what colors will be allocated(seems to be the general consensus). They are under the impression they will be recieveing four CTRs and have taken four deposits. They asked for color preference from each customer, and I assume they will let each customer choose based on the order of when the deposit was placed. I put in the last deposit, so I hope I don't get stuck with blue. In all honesty though, I'll take any color. They all look pretty promising. When I bought my SI I waited about a month so I could get Taffeta white. In retrospect I like the Dyno blue pearl (9th gen SI) more than I thought I did. I am hoping for CW though.

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's assuming your dealership is getting a CW in the first place....they might get other colors other than CW....Which would suck.:cry:BUT, I would honestly think you should have a good shot if your dealing with 2 dealers.
Yes but we are only getting white and black in Canada, white probably being the more common or produced color I'm guessing. So having two dealerships i doubt they will get two black. Really tho any is possible:doh:

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From my dealer.....

IMG_4454.JPG
Ohh new color...Chanpionship White

I think they could possibly add PY towards the end of the CTR lifecycle, but do you think because it was an ITR color, and not a CTR color they would still offer it?

OK, so for those who like the Phoenix Yellow, let's say you had already bought one, and PY comes out the next year, would you trade up to get it?

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Ohh new color...Chanpionship White

I think they could possibly add PY towards the end of the CTR lifecycle, but do you think because it was an ITR color, and not a CTR color they would still offer it?

OK, so for those who like the Phoenix Yellow, let's say you had already bought one, and PY comes out the next year, would you trade up to get it?
Don't think I would, getting my white one wrapped in yellow is the current plan. Best of both worlds!

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"Banshee, post: OK, so for those who like the Phoenix Yellow, let's say you had already bought one, and PY comes out the next year, would you trade up to get it?
Although the Type R looks great in all the colors. Not for me. Championship white only.

chingonR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #1592, 2015 Honda Pilot
Country flag
I've wanted a dark grey car for a while, both of my last 2 cars weren't available in that color. I would love to be able to get the polished metal metallic but I would definitely take a CW type R.

romulanvox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord CL7A JDM
Country flag
Is the Polished Metal Metallic paint common on other Honda models?

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag
Although the Type R looks great in all the colors. Not for me. Championship white only.
CW was also my only choice (hard stance) but later, came to the realization that I can't be picky. You might be waiting awhile for your preferred color but more realistically, a CTR in general. Best of luck.
Sponsored