What colour Type R are you going to get?

If you are going to purchase a new Type R what colour are you going to get?

• Championship White

Votes: 96 49.7%
  • Black

Votes: 27 14.0%
  • Ralley Red

Votes: 22 11.4%
  • Metallic Blue

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • Dark metallic Grey (TBC)

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • Sonic Grey (if available)

Votes: 6 3.1%

• Total voters

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Given the Championship White has been the traditional color for Type R's, it is the only choice for me. Yes, I would wait for a CW if the dealer didn't have it. No question for me.
Sponsored

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Given the Championship White has been the traditional color for Type R's, it is the only choice for me. Yes, I would wait for a CW if the dealer didn't have it. No question for me.
Wonder if you cant get CW until Spring 2019? And theres a Black one or whatever is your 2nd fav sitting right there, they tell you all the next ones are prepaid for until spring 2019 because there are only 1000 units per year for North America. Will you still say no?

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Wonder if you cant get CW until Spring 2019? And theres a Black one or whatever is your 2nd fav sitting right there, they tell you all the next ones are prepaid for until spring 2019 because there are only 1000 units per year for North America. Will you still say no?
I really don't know if it will be rare enough to get to the point where you can't get the color you want for years, but I guess I would settle if that was the case and every dealer I talked to said the same thing. I'm just hoping things will go smoothly and I'll magically get CW at MSRP :p

To add: I've waited this long for the car, if it isn't what I want, what's another couple months of hell for the 2018s, right? :(

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I really don't know if it will be rare enough to get to the point where you can't get the color you want for years, but I guess I would settle if that was the case and every dealer I talked to said the same thing. I'm just hoping things will go smoothly and I'll magically get CW at MSRP :p

To add: I've waited this long for the car, if it isn't what I want, what's another couple months of hell for the 2018s, right? :(
What I was saying is that when the car shows up in 30 days +/- 5 days or so, if you turn down the first car, and every dealer around you including that one has 2-3 preorders already, youll be screwed.. until 2019 possibly.

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
Changed a bit for me: CW, polished metallic Grey, Blue
As GSquared says I'll wait to get exactly the color I want no need to rush.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
One thing I was concerned about looking at the transport pictures: very, very few CW Type Rs on there. I know that is a small sample and they all could be here right now though. Based on what I heard the other day from my dealer though, there were very few white ones coming to the state. On top of that white is the most popular car color in the US I believe. Granted I have no confirmation on this statement about what colors people are getting, but we will see!

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
One thing I was concerned about looking at the transport pictures: very, very few CW Type Rs on there. I know that is a small sample and they all could be here right now though. Based on what I heard the other day from my dealer though, there were very few white ones coming to the state. On top of that white is the most popular car color in the US I believe. Granted I have no confirmation on this statement about what colors people are getting, but we will see!
Logically they should calibrate their production to meet the demand latest for the 2018 year. I don't see a reason not to have them on the long term.

I'm letting things cool down to order exactly the car I want. I don't want troubles with an order that fails to fulfill, getting indefinitely postponed, wasting my time to reach for delivery status. And all this while making payments to the bank. No thanks I have plenty of things anyway to mind for in the meantime. I don't want an additional problem.

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I doubt that will be a problem. Honda will build enough and still keep it low production volume.

To answer the question, I would. I only want Championship White. Some of these will be daily driven. My CTR would be an addition to my garage and primarily used for track days, so no need to take whatever color the dealer has available. Color is the most important part for me. CW or bust.

Last edited:

S&R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Itr
Every dealer I talk too says they don't know what color they're getting and if you want it, then you don't have a choice, you get what you get....

HOST1LE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Country flag
I always been a fan of Polished Metal and had it on my 2008 Accord V6-6, 2011 TL SH-AWD, and 2013 Si. This will also be a track/canyon queen so I'll also be very picky. I don't want to break tradition but if the offer it in yellow, I'll have a really hard choice on my hands.

Thankfully I'll be waiting until 2018 or 2019 model year so we shall see what happens. I'm in no rush.

OldPirate

Old Pirate
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Hyundia something like that....
CW is first on my list but I would like to see the other colors on the Type R in person before I'm ready to buy one.

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Type R, 2019 Accord 2.0 Touring, 2017 Hatch Sport Touring, 2015 Civic SI
Country flag
I was set on Polished Metal Metallic before we saw production reveal. Then fell in love with CW ..
but now that we've actually seen the Polished Metal Metallic on the truck.. I DON'T KNOW! Ahhhh.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
All this fake news about color the past days, I am still getting the color I requested back in February when my dealer asked me what I want, CW or Black. Still lines up with the past Canadian news of Friday. If you wanted the car before February and requested the color you want, thats what you will STILL get.

Before February "reservations" color options.

USA: All colors except maybe red?
Canada: CW & Black only.

After February dealer requested color choice: No choice, completely random, and no red still.. (judging by the trailer pics we've seen)

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
All this fake news about color the past days, I am still getting the color I requested back in February when my dealer asked me what I want, CW or Black. Still lines up with the past Canadian news of Friday. If you wanted the car before February and requested the color you want, thats what you will STILL get.

Before February "reservations" color options.

USA: All colors except maybe red?
Canada: CW & Black only.

After February dealer requested color choice: No choice, completely random, and no red still.. (judging by the trailer pics we've seen)
All the dealers I spoke with were unable to make any color requests even after I mentioned people doing this with other dealers. (I requested this months ago) It's basically a get-what-you-get for all the ones I've spoken to, no requests whatsoever, if there was I would be more confident in getting CW!
Sponsored