First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
If youre looking for another turbo im selling a brand new 27WON W2BB turbo
Ot at the moment was not ready to spend anymore on this car thinking i did some bulletproof upgrades i bought a house so now for me is not that great of a time to build this bucket what is the price just for S&Gs
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ronny2019

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Lol! You mean the guy that was immediately told, hey we are happy to help, but we can't do anything til we see the unit. This was 3 weeks ago. In that time he STILL has not sent the unit back, he is going round and round and round in circles on social media. We told him we don't handle warranty or returns on social media, to email. It took him a week to do that. Finally instead of actually sending the unit back as we asked, he made the post you are referring to. We told him at that point, look man, we can't help you if you refuse to send it back. We emailed him again this morning, with instructions on how to get it back to us for the fifth time. Guess what? We still don't have tracking. Some people just want attention on social media, they are not actually looking for a solution to the problem. As soon as he actually does what we are asking, we can help. Until then, he will be ignored, we have spent enough time going in circles with this person... 🤷
What about me mine is out of warranty y 2 months if i had to pay to fix it no problem but you guys only want to offer a 20 percent discount. I would like to think you could want to see mine and see why it failed. But no after all the posts we have posted and pointing many people to buy this turbo always raving about it. Very disappointing such a big company such a small thing. Hope everyone else has better luck than me

OP
OP
Ronny2019

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Yeah I wasn't trying to say it didn't fail, curious how hot it had to be to set the blanket on fire though (maybe the plastic underneath?) Please do let us know what everything looks like when it comes off. Depending on what condition my GC unit is in when building out the motor in August I may end up with a new un-used GC unit i would be willing to give you "special pricing" on if you change your mind.
Dont know but the turbo is the hottest thing on the car at least the exhaust side. My temps were normal car was only running for about 15 min and was not driving fast was drinking coffee lol then i went to pass a truck and 3rd gear at like 4000 it bucked and i instantly smelled oil seen blueish smoke out the back and don’t know if it had less power because i kinda coasted feathering the gas till i could pull over a few hundred feet down the road so i am pretty sure the turbo was the cause but why i have to take it apart and see since vargas don’t care to see what happened to their bulletproof paper weight

VargasTurboTech

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vargasturbo.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI MT Sedan, 2020 A90 Supra, 2021 BMW M3C...
Country flag
obviously there customer service is lacking. It took 3 weeks to get some Vargas stickers after I bought the turbo. On their site it says CHRA rebuild service and balancing so I thought they would want to see why it failed and rebuild it but nope. Thanks
Posts like this are very confusing. We claim from the very beginning, one year unlimited milage warranty. You had has the unit for close to 3 years. You have an issue, the unit is well out of warranty, and our customer service is lacking because we won't replace it for free? So using this logic, if you pass your Honda vehicle warranty period, something goes wrong with the car, and Honda won't fix it under warranty, that means their customer service is lacking? Clearly we have no idea what happened, you have no idea what happened. But a backfire, does not sound good, and a turbo is not going to cause a backfire. I'm just blown away, you have had the unit for 3 years, and you are bashing us because it's not longer under warranty, and you are saying our customer service is lacking because also it took 3 weeks to get you free stickers? I'm bowing out of this thread, policy is policy, and that makes you upset, sorry about that, but you knew the unit had a one year warranty when you bought it. We so rebuild turbos, and we can rebuild these, but the rebuild price would be able the same as the 20% we offered you on a new unit which was simply a courtesy.

Take care sir

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
I'm interested to see what the autopsy has to say about this unfortunate event. OP I know you're busy but when you get time and have done some investigation, we'd love to see your findings. I'm sure there will be many eyes on this. :popcorn:

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So now since the people who’ve had these ‘failures’ aren’t following through nobody will ever know what really happened (assuming it could be determined).

I’m never going to get the 3 mins it took to read all this back. Waste of bandwidth.

🧢

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Not sure what happen with the turbo, I think we need picture of the unit. Maybe pushing it to is limit did a damage to it?

Sad to saw it ...my si is on the gc+ but on ots tune from pherable and the car is strong as never.

I wich you the best and good luck !

Last edited:

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dang! Vargas coming with the receipts. Y'all need to get your shit straight before jumping on social media crying like a b!tch wolf.

I will leave y'all with my buddies Vargas GC+ with a PRL turndown.

Zedaine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You had has the unit for close to 3 years.
According to the OP he has only had this unit for a little over a year, which of course just puts him past the warranty period. @Ronny2019 do you have proof that you purchased this turbo just a little over a year ago?

I suppose we also need to know for sure if it was the Turbo that failed or not. Hopefully Ronny will keep us posted as that develops.

Last edited:

Berserk_FC3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe SI
Country flag
Have had my GC+ for around a year now, no issues at all. They gave you the warranty period and you went over it, at this point it’s on you. They were nice enough to offer a 20% off too, don’t understand what you have to complain about. Shit breaks man

OP
OP
Ronny2019

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Posts like this are very confusing. We claim from the very beginning, one year unlimited milage warranty. You had has the unit for close to 3 years. You have an issue, the unit is well out of warranty, and our customer service is lacking because we won't replace it for free? So using this logic, if you pass your Honda vehicle warranty period, something goes wrong with the car, and Honda won't fix it under warranty, that means their customer service is lacking? Clearly we have no idea what happened, you have no idea what happened. But a backfire, does not sound good, and a turbo is not going to cause a backfire. I'm just blown away, you have had the unit for 3 years, and you are bashing us because it's not longer under warranty, and you are saying our customer service is lacking because also it took 3 weeks to get you free stickers? I'm bowing out of this thread, policy is policy, and that makes you upset, sorry about that, but you knew the unit had a one year warranty when you bought it. We so rebuild turbos, and we can rebuild these, but the rebuild price would be able the same as the 20% we offered you on a new unit which was simply a courtesy.

Take care sir
Not one time had I asked for anything for free. I would pay for anything I needed just wanted a company that would care to see why something they designed failed. I have the warranty card filled out stating that the turbo was installed in December 2022 so yes I might have bought it 3 years ago but did not put it in till later. I sent a email to you guys asking about me buying it but not installing it for a while and the response was the warranty starts when purchased. Never bashed your company always raved about it. Your customer service on the other hand should take lessons from the likes of smaller companies like 27won prl both have taken care of there products well past the warranty for free even. Prl front pipe 27won rear engine mount. Granted these items cost a lot less but again I was not asking for a warranty replacement or anything for free. Just a coupon for 20% is just a turn off.
Did I love the turbo hell yes it was awesome can't say enough good about it. Just I didnt have good luck and wanted to know why. Is it my driving something in the oil that starved it what happened? I would have thought you guys would take it apart and find the cause and rebuild if it can and charge me according. I apologize if you feel like I am bashing you company because I am not. If I were you would know

OP
OP
Ronny2019

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Just for all who think I am bashing Vargas turbo tech I AM NOT !!!!! I had a turbo failure at less than 10000 miles with my GC+ Turbo and off the shelf tune. The turbo was everything I wanted for the car and more. More than enough power smooth power delivery good gas milage when driving normal. Great turbo punchy down low and keeps pulling through redline. My car has taken a skat pak Corvette and sti these were quick rolling races or cruises. So the car was quick. But it is my daily so it's not driven like that often. almost 2 years in the car I change my oil early I always check it. I warm up the car and cool it Down. I don't redline it or normally shift over 5000 rpms. But I had an issue. I will update what happened to the turbo after my shop takes it out and apart today. Sorry for the confusion once again awesome turbo best bang for your buck. And remember there is so many factors that go into a turbo to work affectively and I don't know what were not correct when this happened. Was it my car oil heat blockage etc? Don't know until the turbo is taken apart. So for me to bash them would be not right :banghead:

OP
OP
Ronny2019

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Yeah I wasn't trying to say it didn't fail, curious how hot it had to be to set the blanket on fire though (maybe the plastic underneath?) Please do let us know what everything looks like when it comes off. Depending on what condition my GC unit is in when building out the motor in August I may end up with a new un-used GC unit i would be willing to give you "special pricing" on if you change your mind.
So The blanket yes it was only the plastic under and the stitching from the heat and oil
So I was looking at Vargas Turbos Warranty Disclaimer and found that they also have a "Negative Review Policy" :rofl:

NEGATIVE REVIEW POLICY

VTT Customers who leave negative Online, Social media reviews before VTT has a chance to address any possible issues the said customer may have is grounds for immediate warranty refusal, and denial. This policy is solely at the discretion of VTT and can be implemented anytime a negative review is found. The best course of action when a problem occurs is to contact VTT through email or phone channels, and we will do our best to create a mutually agreed upon solution
I never left anything negative if anyone reads the posts back I never bash them and they think I am did I ask for anything for free? Did I say don't buy it ? Come on childish and the negative post refusal thing hummm

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Ronny believe me, I feel bad this happened. When I see a thread titled "my turbo blew" of course I'm interested because I'm studying tuning reliability issues.

What confuses me is that at one point in this thread you said you were "pretty sure" the turbo blew. Does that mean your aren't 100% sure?

As far as warranty, if Vargas's warranty is 12 months, it's 12 months. By your own admission you purchased it 3 years ago even though you didn't install it until December 2022. My math says you're well past warranty. Would 27Won or PRL handle things differently? Possibly. Maybe. But still, Vargas offering a 20% discount doesn't seem unreasonable.

On the other hand, Vargas's "negative review policy" stated above, is a bit much. Does that mean if I say Vargas customer service isn't very good in a public post and then at 11 months their turbo blows, they won't honor warranty? That doesn't give me warm and fuzzy feelings about them. :cool:

I know you're upset and that's understandable. I hope you're able to get up and running soon. And for the community, I hope you're able to pinpoint what caused the failure.

Best of luck.
Sponsored

Last edited: