Gr90

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
So I gave this a try and you are on to something. It starts making the noise when pumping the brakes heavily at a stop after the car has warmed up. It then continues making the noise until you rev the engine for a little bit. Interesting...
Sponsored

dani7792

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic type r fk8
Country flag
I don't know why but in 3 type r that i m trying this when i pumping brake pedal all of there sound... It would be nice if someone else could try.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Sounds like you draw too much vacuum for the brake booster by continuously stabbing the pedal, creating a rattle that disappears when you give some throttle to restore engine vacuum.

older cars would act like the engine might stall if you keep stabbing the brake pedal at a stop. But who keeps stabbing the brake pedal at a stop?

Am confused.

Gr90

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Sounds like you draw too much vacuum for the brake booster by continuously stabbing the pedal, creating a rattle that disappears when you give some throttle to restore engine vacuum.

older cars would act like the engine might stall if you keep stabbing the brake pedal at a stop. But who keeps stabbing the brake pedal at a stop?

Am confused.
Only stabbed the brake pedal more than once at a stop to repeatedly recreate the noise. Sometimes just holding the brakes in a low vacuum environment would cause the noise to happen, but at the time it was not realized what was causing the issue. Now we know.

dani7792

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic type r fk8
Country flag
I think that this noise its normally but its rare when i push brake engine sound change

PakĂ­CTR

First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R Boost Blue
Country flag
2021 Type R 4,000 miles, have this sound

Chizzo

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type r, 1996 civic ex
Country flag
Lol how is this ...."normal?" ...it sure didnt sound like that when you bought it right? Any mods or parts swapped?

seed3540

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I had the same noise and then I had a valve adjustment done. The sound went away and It's been quiet for at least the last 2,500 miles. The majority of the noise came from the exhaust side on cylinders 3 and 4.

Last edited:

mmc21

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, Boost Blue
Country flag
Has anyone looked into the VTC Actuators? I have the same sounds after a mis shift. My car feels the same, sounds the same other than that tapping noise. It seems to be related to oil pressure as the noise is not present until the car is warmed up (which would mean the oil has thinned and pressure as dropped). I am going to take it to a dealer when I can but this issue does not sound like it is solely due to one over rev event.

Lagos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Has anyone looked into the VTC Actuators? I have the same sounds after a mis shift. My car feels the same, sounds the same other than that tapping noise. It seems to be related to oil pressure as the noise is not present until the car is warmed up (which would mean the oil has thinned and pressure as dropped). I am going to take it to a dealer when I can but this issue does not sound like it is solely due to one over rev event.
That actuator might be what’s causing it but lots of people with very low miles and no mis shift also report this noise.

mmc21

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, Boost Blue
Country flag
That actuator might be what’s causing it but lots of people with very low miles and no mis shift also report this noise.
I have been noticing that the noise does not occur (or if it does it's 90% quieter) when cold and after it gets to a certain temp, doesn't have to be operating temp, the noise appears. In addition, i have a slight noise on cold start that kind of sound like a K24 VTC rattle but it's much quieter and much shorter in duration. I don't know if they redesigned the VTC actuators for the K20C1. Does anyone know if FN2 owners have this same noise since they have an OG K20C1?
Sponsored