FK7_Philly

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Same. If there's no amber DRL option at launch I swear to God. Really need to see those Alpharex lights on somebody's car to make any kind of judgement on them, specifically the DRL. I've seen absolutely nothing.

Morimoto out here acting like the V1's were hot shit when they gave tons of people problems and had subpar output.
Check our the AlpharexJDM's IG Page. There is a reel on their page of the amber DRL and start-up sequence.

Sponsored

aegeanblu915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
1714513492130-nr.jpg

Wonder how good there are. I have Vlands v2 headlights which I love since they have the 11th gen design. The output is phenomenal. And they made the annoying glare bar none that the OEMs had. Paired for the XB foglights, night driving for me is way more confident. Plus the startup animation paired my taillights + sequential turn signals.
Have you had any fading, yellowing or clouding at all? It's amazing to me how bad the quality of the OEM headlights are

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you had any fading, yellowing or clouding at all? It's amazing to me how bad the quality of the OEM headlights are
So far nope(*knock on wood*), I sold my v1 to a guy on eBay last year and haven’t had him/her tell me any issues with it.

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
Check our the AlpharexJDM's IG Page. There is a reel on their page of the amber DRL and start-up sequence.
Yes, that's the same thing that was posted earlier. Gives zero indication of DRL or turn signal brightness and I definitely don't care about that cheesy startup sequence.

In these lighting conditions the Morimoto V1 signals would be blowing out the camera, but these look like eBay strips in comparison and significantly lower quality than other Alpharex lights I've seen.

Last edited:

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
The aesthetic design of V1 was unbeatable, but there were issues with the aiming... it was very easy to wreck them by trying to go to high or too low. Output of the projectors was subpar, and most new lights at this price point offer startup sequences and amber DRL.

They should have done a V2 to address these issues without actually switching the style of the light, but that'd have made too much sense.

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
Orange DRL, we’re Hyundai now? 🤔
It looks badass. Amber will never be the default anyway, it's either going to be a separate SKU or an optional plug on the back of the light.

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
These look like a far more premium product than the Alpharex based on the relase photos. Just comes down to output at this point.

Also looks like for Alpharex you have to uninstall the entire headlight to switch from amber to white DRL. Ain't no way.

Last edited:

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
Turn signal brightness in daylight is always the challenge in aftermarket units. Stills from Devin Niemela's video yesterday shows them looking about the same as OEM LED which are very bright.

Honda Civic 10th gen Morimoto xb headlight availability 1714806384168-w8

Honda Civic 10th gen Morimoto xb headlight availability 1714806606041-0k

Looking pretty impressive so far.

whybuyfwd

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Turn signal brightness in daylight is always the challenge in aftermarket units. Stills from Devin Niemela's video yesterday shows them looking about the same as OEM LED which are very bright.

1714806384168-w8.png

1714806606041-0k.png

Looking pretty impressive so far.
they look menacing im sold

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
The V1 turn signal brightness is impressive, so not surprising if the V2's continue that
literally I'm lighting up intersections with the V1's... I'm like Oh sh3t is that me, lol 🔦
Sponsored

Last edited: