Tyler717

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9th gen civic, 2020 type R
Country flag
Hi guys 👋 first post, was wondering where I might be able to pick up a set of morimoto xb headlights. The manufacturer discontinued them and was really hoping someone might know where or how I can get my hands on a set for my boost blue type R. Thanks for all the input in advance!
Sponsored

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Hi guys 👋 first post, was wondering where I might be able to pick up a set of morimoto xb headlights. The manufacturer discontinued them and was really hoping someone might know where or how I can get my hands on a set for my boost blue type R. Thanks for all the input in advance!
Check amazon VLAND LED Projector Headlight Assembly Compatible for [ 10TH Gen Honda Civic Sedan / Coupe / Hatchback / Type R 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 ] with Sequential Turn Signal, LED Start-Up Blue DRL

OP
OP
Tyler717

Tyler717

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I can't get into the look of them, nor a few others that are made for the civic unfortunately 🫤 but thanks for the option

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
They really just disappeared from the internet. I've been checking prices on them literally weekly hoping for a drop and now they're just gone. That's wildly disappointing

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
As far as finding them this looks like the only reputable place I can come across that still has them listed for now

OP
OP
Tyler717

Tyler717

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've talked to them earlier and they are out of stock 😢 they told me part# LF743 superceded them which is basically stock headlights from morimoto that are sequential from what I can tell

OP
OP
Tyler717

Tyler717

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
But yes your absolutely right about it being wildly disappointing. I had already bought ppf wrap for that style of headlight precut.

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Chrisfdz_fc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I have some brand new ones for sale. They have the plugs for the civics with halogen lights tho. Not sure if there's an adapter for the type r's? I'm in SoCal

OP
OP
Tyler717

Tyler717

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have some brand new ones for sale. They have the plugs for the civics with halogen lights tho. Not sure if there's an adapter for the type r's? I'm in SoCal
Appreciate the offer, and that's interesting I didn't know they made them that way. I'm in NY, ill pass on that but I'm sure you'll find someone considering they can't be bought anywhere else.

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
Morimoto's are the same part regardless of whether your Civic was LED or Halogen-equipped from the factory.

I can't explain it better than this video... this should link you to 3:40 in the video

Chrisfdz_fc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Morimoto's are the same part regardless of whether your Civic was LED or Halogen-equipped from the factory.

I can't explain it better than this video... this should link you to 3:40 in the video

Never really paid much attention to the connectors but yes all you have to do is disconnect the adapter for the halogen headlights

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As far as finding them this looks like the only reputable place I can come across that still has them listed for now
I bought them from that site on Friday and the order is awaiting fulfillment, I’ll have to wait and see if the order gets fulfilled or if they cancel it saying it’s discontinued.

OP
OP
Tyler717

Tyler717

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I bought them from that site on Friday and the order is awaiting fulfillment, I’ll have to wait and see if the order gets fulfilled or if they cancel it saying it’s discontinued.
I did the same thing and they were out of stock. They still haven't updated it yet which is unfortunate. You'll have to fill out a form for a refund.

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did the same thing and they were out of stock. They still haven't updated it yet which is unfortunate. You'll have to fill out a form for a refund.
That sucks, I’ll still wait and see what happens. J’s racing makes a similar set but they are way more expensive
Sponsored