genxcoupe

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey everyone so unfortunately my clutch is slipping pretty bad. I’ve been tuned for about 3 months with Prl dp/fp, cobra cai, intercooler w charge pipes and a 3 inch exhaust, currently sitting at 26,400 miles. About a month ago my clutch started slipping and been progressively getting worse even in map 1. I’m gonna have to get the clutch done so if anyone has any recommendations for a quality mechanics within an hour of northern Nj it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

r0b0yt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si Coupe, '98 Integra GS-R Hatch
Country flag
Don't know any mechanics in that area, but in terms of a clutch/flywheel kit, you shouldn't look any further than RV6 CTR Retrofit flywheel paired with an Exedy Stage 0 clutch kit.

OP
OP
genxcoupe

genxcoupe

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Don't know any mechanics in that area, but in terms of a clutch/flywheel kit, you shouldn't look any further than RV6 CTR Retrofit flywheel paired with an Exedy Stage 0 clutch kit.
I haven’t bought one yet but the two I’m torn between are the rv6 retrofit and the act organic sprung. I want something that’s gonna feel oem yet hold the power I’m currently making. Not really planning on going big turbo maybe just flex fuel and a custom tune.

r0b0yt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si Coupe, '98 Integra GS-R Hatch
Country flag
I haven’t bought one yet but the two I’m torn between are the rv6 retrofit and the act organic sprung. I want something that’s gonna feel oem yet hold the power I’m currently making. Not really planning on going big turbo maybe just flex fuel and a custom tune.
If you want a guaranteed OEM+ feel, then I’d go for the RV6 + Exedy. Exedy is the OEM supplier for Honda clutches. The Stage 0 is equivalent to factory Type-R and is good for ~400 lb/ft torque. You’ll grenade the stock motor before the upgraded clutch slips.

pwnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I know it's a bit late, but DIY. It can be done in a day, given you're not waiting on any parts or tools. Even after buying the mecessary equipment to perform the swap, you're still saving $1k give or take. I was quoted 1600 for labor at a local shop here in Lakewood.
Sponsored