TOYFAN2

First Name
ANDREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 LX, 2019 SPORT SEDAN 2.0, 2021 SPORT 2.0
Country flag
I've read a bunch of posts here and not seeing an answer I'm looking for. Obviously the stock system is lacking so in my Sport sedan I wish to upgrade my door speakers at first but... is it the OEM speakers that suck or the audio signal that suck? Like if I put the Alpines in will that be enough or will they still suck because the audio is shit? Eventually I wish to maybe add a sub to fill in the bass a bit more. Not to extreme though
Sponsored

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
The speakers Honda used in the 10th-gen are not the best thing based on forum posts here.

I have though about buying the necessary stuff from Crutchfield.

Mac_Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Both the speakers and signal aren't the greatest. There have been many posts about this. @SCOPESYS in particular has done many tests in regards to this and goes into depth as to why that is.
2018 Premium Audio

KensBlueGenX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 1.5l MT HB Sport
Country flag
If you install HondaHack and Viper4Android you can get a lot better results from the stock system. Nothing will beat a full hardware upgrade, but those are a low cost improvement.

OP
OP
TOYFAN2

TOYFAN2

First Name
ANDREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hondahack helps audio?

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
from what i've read about viper4android it doesn't play well with apple carplay so its ymmv.

OP
OP
TOYFAN2

TOYFAN2

First Name
ANDREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So it modifies the sound going to the speakers? I tried searching it on Google and didn't understand all I was looking at.

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So it modifies the sound going to the speakers? I tried searching it on Google and didn't understand all I was looking at.
im no stereo guy but i think you would use it with an amp. it flattens the signal going to that amp giving you a flatter/better signal to add your own equalizations to.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The speakers Honda used in the 10th-gen are not the best thing based on forum posts here.

I have though about buying the necessary stuff from Crutchfield.
Not true, I’m running an alpine 45Wx4 amp on my oem speakers and they are loud, but I do have the crossover set at 80 hz so nothing below that is played, but I also do have an alpine 750w 12 in the back and that thing bumps. I got 2 1000w subs and amps at home waiting for alternator upgrade. I have and There was a factory system upgrade for non premium sound called psu-300cvc (not available anymore). It has a small 8” powered sub under passenger seat and the 45Wx4 that I have. I’m going with alpine x-s65c speakers with the x-a70f amp soon. You can get the harnesses for the speaker connector on back of radio and wire in the amp to speakers. Let me know if you need help.

slowbrainfc1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
The amp and signals are perfect other than the bass roll off at higher volume, so far i have swapped in a set of hertz mlk165.3 i had leftover from my previous car and pretty much solved 90% of the issues i had with the stock speakers, i did install dynamat inside the door aswell as around and on the speaker adapter ring, there are no rattles from the doors even at vol35 but above that the amp is being over worked. Attached are pictures of the install, the tweeters were a direct fit in the factory location used a redwolf adapter harness lbx2009, mounted the woofer with american international hsb524 and metra 72-7800, hope this helps and good luck.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lame stock system upgrade? IMG_4639

Honda Civic 10th gen Lame stock system upgrade? IMG_4640

Honda Civic 10th gen Lame stock system upgrade? IMG_4641

OP
OP
TOYFAN2

TOYFAN2

First Name
ANDREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The amp and signals are perfect other than the bass roll off at higher volume, so far i have swapped in a set of hertz mlk165.3 i had leftover from my previous car and pretty much solved 90% of the issues i had with the stock speakers, i did install dynamat inside the door aswell as around and on the speaker adapter ring, there are no rattles from the doors even at vol35 but above that the amp is being over worked. Attached are pictures of the install, the tweeters were a direct fit in the factory location used a redwolf adapter harness lbx2009, mounted the woofer with american international hsb524 and metra 72-7800, hope this helps and good luck.

IMG_4639.jpeg

IMG_4640.jpeg

IMG_4641.jpeg
SO is the tweeter signal already crossed over from the factoring wiring? im seeing conflicting info on that. some i see wired directly to oem harness and others i see installed with an external cross over wired off the 6 1/2 speaker

slowbrainfc1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
If you have a center speaker the amp does all the crossovers. Its a 10 channel amp.
Sponsored