Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Can anyone confirm if “WIRED” CarPlay still functions on this unit? I don’t see a point having wireless CarPlay if I have plug in my phone to charge it.
Sponsored

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag

khimaniz

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Country flag
Wanted to bump this to see if anyone got the maintenance minder to work?

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
@sherryjenix

Did you lose some of your speedometer customization?

I lost a number of things like the G-meter, brake/acceleration gauge etc. The only selections left are fuel economy and lap timer. Joying did not have a resolution.

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
@sherryjenix

Did you lose some of your speedometer customization?

I lost a number of things like the G-meter, brake/acceleration gauge etc. The only selections left are fuel economy and lap timer. Joying did not have a resolution.
Most people lost it. Joying will never have a fix for this as it’s an aftermarket radio. The only way to keep all your original stuff would be somehow to use a tea harness to connect this radio and keep the original radio plugged in somewhere behind the dash or in the glove box.I’ve given up on my joying radio and I sold it. It was no better than the stock radio and it had all kinds of more problems that I was not willing to have to deal with. We’re back to the stock radio and wishing I didn’t waste the time or the money on the joining radio.
The only reason somebody should buy the joying radio is if they have a lower trim that has the tiny little radio and you don’t give a shit about the better stuff that disappears

khimaniz

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Country flag
Has anyone figured out a fix for the audio only controllable for the front outputs? While they put out sound to all the speakers, if I adjust the fade from front to back, it cuts out audio entirely, which makes sense since the RL/RR audio outputs aren't connected.

Also, key fob/proximity unlock only unlocks driver door and I haven't been able to find the "unlock all doors" setting. Any ideas?

panmaciej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X, 1.5T
Country flag
Has anyone figured out a fix for the audio only controllable for the front outputs? While they put out sound to all the speakers, if I adjust the fade from front to back, it cuts out audio entirely, which makes sense since the RL/RR audio outputs aren't connected.

Also, key fob/proximity unlock only unlocks driver door and I haven't been able to find the "unlock all doors" setting. Any ideas?
Its unfortunately not possible to adjust fade.
Regarding the settings many are not adjustable from joying. You would need to connect factory head unit, adjuist whatever you need, and then put joying back.

Dude66

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8, GT-R R35
Country flag
Hi all,

Dusting off this old Joying install guide. Embarking on the Joying install process in the coming days.

The "official Joying install guide" says to disconnect the wire from the canbus box however, in their second picture they instruct you to essentially "join" the back signal wire (from the Civic FK8 loom - last picture) with the orange.

So, to get the camera working correctly should it remain disconnected from the canbus box?

Thanks in advance for the input.

Honda Civic 10th gen Joying 9" Install Guide on 2020 Civic Type R 1708610713783

Honda Civic 10th gen Joying 9" Install Guide on 2020 Civic Type R 1708610991400

Honda Civic 10th gen Joying 9" Install Guide on 2020 Civic Type R 1708611094085

Dude66

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8, GT-R R35
Country flag
Installed the head unit with the canbus side wire disconnected and the camera works fine.

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey All!

I just installed the Joying 9" headunit into my 2020 Civic Type R. There were almost no instructions that came with it, so I thought it would be helpful to do an installation guide! I searched up Youtube videos, but none of the videos showed the connections to the back of the headunit.

Here is a link to the specific headunit I purchased. Since I have a Type R, I had to purchase it with Option C (with factory amplifier). I also added the AHD Reverse Camera option: https://www.joyingauto.com/newest-9...ivic-2016-2017-with-carplay-android-auto.html

It took about a week for it to come in. Here's what comes inside the box (pulled images from the site since it was accurate):
Newest 9 inch Car Auto Radio For Honda Civic 2016-2021 with Carplay & Android Auto (13) (1).jpg
Newest 9 inch Car Auto Radio For Honda Civic 2016-2021 with Carplay & Android Auto (14).jpg

And the AHD Reverse Camera:
Joying new 1080P reverse camera (5).jpg

Installation Guide:

Step 1: Remove OEM headunit and unplug climate control.

You just have to carefully pull out the two plastic pieces on the side to pull out the climate control and oem headunit. I believe there is one or two screws that are also holding the OEM headunit in place that should be revealed after you pull out the climate control.

IMG_0652.JPG
IMG_0653.JPG
Before and after OEM headunit/climate control removal.

Step 2: Plug in the harness from Joying to factory cables.
The harness is pretty much plug and play. I find it easier to plug in the harness to the factory cables before plugging it into the headunit.
The side with grey fittings on the harness (circled in red) is what would be plugging into the factory cables. They're all different sizes, so it should be fairly simple matching which one goes to what. One of them slid in kind of loosely, but it still worked.
s-l1600 editrd.jpg

Harness that comes with Joying 9" Headunit.

Step 3: Attach the CAN BUS DECODER and HD Amplifier to the Joying Harness.
The CAN BUS Decoder and HD Amplifier should have came detached from the Joying harness. Make sure both are plugged in to the WHITE fittings of the harness. The HD Amplifier only has one plug and the CAN BUS Decoder has two plugs. It should look like this after plugged in:

IMG_1349.jpg
IMG_1352.jpg
Left is HD Amplifier, one plug. Right is CAN BUS DECORDER, two plugs.

Once they are plugged into the harness, you can just let them hang around.

Step 4: Reroute radio cables to headunit.
You can skip this step if you don't want to have radio, but just in case you still want to keep it like I do!
The radio box is actually located by the rear passenger door, right behind this panel:
IMG_0708.JPG

Just remove the panel and then you'll see the radio box mounted with a 1 cable at the top, two at the bottom. It should look like this:
IMG_1363.jpg

OEM radio "box" unmounted.

Now unplug all cables and take the radio harness that came with the Joying headunit. It should look similar to this. Just look for the two grey and one green fitting:
s-l1600.jpg

Radio harness from Joying.

After being plugged in, it should look like this:
IMG_1361.jpg
IMG_1362.jpg
and can now unmount the radio box and remove it from the civic.

Back to your dash/headunit area, the Radio wiring needs to be plugged in. It should look like this cable:
s-l1600 radio.jpg

Antenna wiring from Joying.

Just find the OEM female side that fits this (there's only one):
IMG_1353.jpg

Connected Joying radio wiring to factory wiring.

The other side will plug straight into the headunit where it says "Radio ANT".

Step 5: AHD Rearview Camera. You can skip this step if you did not purchase one.
Just a heads up, this was probably the most tedious part of the install! It requires a lot of panel removal and some mickey mousing with the wiring.

If you purchased the AHD rearview camera, it should have came in a plastic baggie with these contents:
Joying new 1080P reverse camera (5).jpg

AHD Reverse Camera and wiring from Joying.

The mount I found was useless, so I just removed my OEM rearview camera and heavily double sided tape the Joying camera to the mount.

Now, this really long cable is what will connect the camera to your headunit. The Yellow male and Red female will be going to your camera side, with the Yellow male going into your headunit. There is a green ground wire that also is connected to the Yellow male side to the headunit. I found it unnecessary to connect to anything since camera worked without that wire being grounded.

There is a red and black wire coming from the camera side of the wiring. These are the power cables that the reverse camera needs to turn on. It needs a 12V source, so routing it into the reverse light wiring was the best choice. This required finding the positive wiring of the reverse light (the TEAL wiring circled in blue). Stole this image off a fellow CivicX poster since I was too dumb to take a picture of it:
FB_IMG_1525136333824.jpg

Reverse light positive teal wiring, circled in blue.

Now, the tedious part. I chose to tuck the wiring through the driver's side of my civic. This meant that I had to route the long cable through the trunk, through the rubber boot, and into the rear driver's side paneling.
img-374766326-1533227305504.jpg

We extended the red and black wiring so it could reach the teal cable behind the rear driver's side paneling for power.

IMG_0710.JPG

The cleanest way to hide the wiring was to have it connected to the teal cable behind this panel on the rear driver's side:
IMG_0709.JPG

Here is the where I connected the positive wiring to the TEAL wire (reverse light wire):
IMG_0717.JPG

Here is a picture of the wiring route in red:
68947503560__491D9FAC-1B00-480A-A077-E8C62D478483.JPG

After doing all that, we routed the cable to go to the headunit by tucking it along the floor all the way on the driver's side > behind the steering > up into the headunit area.

Now you're ready to plug everything into the headunit!

Step 6: Plugging everything into the headunit/climate control.
If you want your OEM USB ports to work, you should use the two cables provided from Joying:
s-l1600 USB.jpg

USB adapter cables from Joying.

and connect them to these two factory fittings:
IMG_1347.jpg

Now, we can begin to plug everything into the headunit. The back should end up looking something like this:
IMG_1348.jpg

It looks like a mess, because it is. You can try to clean it up a bit, but at this point, everything should be working! Make sure to turn it on and test everything out before mounting the headunit back in. To connect the climate control, one of the cables will NOT be connected:

IMG_1360.jpg

Back of climate control panel.

Here's how it looks when completed:
IMG_0688.JPG
IMG_0685.JPG

It doesn't block out the AC really:
IMG_0689.JPG

There's a thread where other users spoke about firmware issues/volume issues, etc that you can find here - https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/infotainment-failure.59729/page-35#post-1156711

I just installed it so I have no issues experienced... yet. Hope this install guide helped! Just DM or leave comments if you have any questions.

Before anyone asks, yes, my dual climate works. As far as TPMS calibration, oil reset, I do see the settings on the headunit. Manufacturer claims that it works. However, I don't have a stock ECU so none of that applies to me and I'm unable to test it.
Dope!
Write up + Photos

Dude66

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8, GT-R R35
Country flag
Did just notice setting the time on the head unit doesn't automatically sync the in dash clock. Anyone a suggestion?

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@sherryjenix
hows the sound output quality to the speakers?

Dude66

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8, GT-R R35
Country flag
Similar to the original head unit. I always thought the speakers are the real limiting factor. Not sure if plug and play speaker sets are available.

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Similar to the original head unit. I always thought the speakers are the real limiting factor. Not sure if plug and play speaker sets are available.
Thanks,
good to know.
probably would have to upgrade the speakers as well

Dude66

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8, GT-R R35
Country flag
Syncing issue between the head unit and car resolved. There is a switch buried in the settings you can "turn" on.

Only thing that remains is the power feed. After I reboot the unit Data and Time return to 4:00 and January 6th 2024. Anyone that knows which wires besides the yellow (+) to switch around please let me know.
Sponsored