It's Finally Here! The Wunderladen Racing Big Brake Kit!

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
I've found red stuff to be very dusty as well. I can't really tell a difference between it and yellow stuff

I'll look into Porterfield since they make pads in 4 compounds for RL calipers
I had the R4-S on my stock Si front calipers before getting the bbk and they were low dust for the 15,000 miles I ran them so I don't expect any less now on the bbk.
Sponsored

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
The install was pretty easy except on my left side I needed to punch the oem braket to fit the caliper and the rotor in the center ( with 6 years maybe moved a bit). The two bolt where sit the pad the rotor was rubing but only on 1 side because the caliper was not centered.

After I found it I fixed it and did some daily and test with the SR-11. I can say they have a little more byte on cold and they make same noise as my Yellow stuff burned after 1 session. The yellow don't make noise at the start but if you over heat them they squeal.

Nice Installation guide.

Verry happy !

Maybe tomorrow I will test it on track .

Honda Civic 10th gen It's Finally Here! The Wunderladen Racing Big Brake Kit! 20240425_193328

Last edited:

OP
OP
Austin@Wunderladen Racing
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
What do you mean by punch the OEM bracket?

We've had one other customer have an issue with his rotor not being centered in the caliper and having some slight rubbing but after some troubleshooting we found the caliper mounting ears on his knuckle were bent a bit. He ordered a new knuckle and everything fit great on the new knuckle.

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
!
What do you mean by punch the OEM bracket?

We've had one other customer have an issue with his rotor not being centered in the caliper and having some slight rubbing but after some troubleshooting we found the caliper mounting ears on his knuckle were bent a bit. He ordered a new knuckle and everything fit great on the new knuckle.
The oem knuckle where we need to put ur alluminium braket, I needed to correct the angle and smashed those two with an hammer. After smashing it a couple time took me like 3 try to have the result and the caliper with the rotor was sitting on the center. This only happen on my left side. I started with the right side and was perfect fit caliper and the rotor was centered.

Maybe this is what happen with the other guys.

Sry I'm not a mecanic guys I don't have the perfect word haha but I can still help !

Honda Civic 10th gen It's Finally Here! The Wunderladen Racing Big Brake Kit! Screenshot_20240507_082709_Chrome

Honda Civic 10th gen It's Finally Here! The Wunderladen Racing Big Brake Kit! 20240425_193328

Last edited:

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How would those mounting ears get bend ?
I noticed there's a small ridge of rust next to where the oem caliper sat .Maybe that's why they didn't line up?

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
How would those mounting ears get bend ?
I noticed there's a small ridge of rust next to where the oem caliper sat .Maybe that's why they didn't line up?
With the hammer maybe 1 or 2mm.

With little force it moved perfect center

Had time to take the final picture

Honda Civic 10th gen It's Finally Here! The Wunderladen Racing Big Brake Kit! 20240507_122758

Last edited:

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
I did 2 sessions of 18min today and wow this kits is a gems. The stopping power pair with the SR-11 are like x4 vs oem. I didn't feel any fade and the big rotor 350z ebc bsd did the job to handle the heat of the pad. I feel after my sessions the SR-11 squeal a bit less and I was able to stop with 0 noise on a low pedal pressure. On litle bit of pressure they can squeal a bit like dtc30 or 60 but I can live with it.

An happy customer !

Honda Civic 10th gen It's Finally Here! The Wunderladen Racing Big Brake Kit! IMG20240507202624
Sponsored