adoong

First Name
AD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
The car looks amazing!
I plan on getting the hood as well. Did you ever ended up installing hood pins for the jsracing hood? Is it needed or the factory latch should be good enough?
Sponsored

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
It’s been awhile since I’ve wrenched on the car… but I do suggest removing the airbox to get clear access to it.

The clip is stubborn for sure, but the prybar + crescent wrench trick made easy work of it.

From what I recall, wedged the tip of the prybar between the engine and the clip. With a corner of the prybar tip under the passenger side edge of the clip.

I then used the wrench to rotate the prybar counter clockwise and that lifted the clip just enough to loosen it and finish it with a flat head screwdriver.

Kroil is a good idea.

Had the prybar method failed or don’t have one available, my next go to would have been inserting a couple small bronze wedges under the clip if that were possible to pry it loose.
I just (finally - been sitting on the parts for months) did this install. Great tips. Couple of things - I never did get the far clip off, just lifted it up a bit. Maybe it's because I have hydraulic struts, but I couldn't get a good angle on that clip. I purchased some silicone O-ring lube, but forgot to put it on the first bushing lol. I did put it on the larger bushing and it seemed to help. I wasn't able to push the C-clips back down by hand so I used a long socket extension par and hit it with a hammer and that worked great.

As for the mod itself, I love it! I'd already switched over to the CTR shifter and added the Acuity upgrades, so it was pretty good before this mod but now it's even better. Highly recommended.