Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It'll run "ok". Knock control will be a bit higher.
Sponsored

OP
OP
orange.nissan

orange.nissan

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Nissan, 2019 Civic Touring Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Installed my 27Won cold air intake today, installation was a headache thanks to those clips.

Honda Civic 10th gen Domino's Monochromatic Civic 1000005804
Honda Civic 10th gen Domino's Monochromatic Civic 1000005805

Sounds great in my opinion, I enjoy it a lot and I feel like my mid range is a little stronger.

Also found out my civic has an L15BY, not an L15B7 like I originally thought.

Honda Civic 10th gen Domino's Monochromatic Civic 20240316_204419

eob2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UKDM 2017 Civic Sport Plus Hatch (1.5T 6MT)
Country flag
I'm very intrigued as to if these engines are any different. Here in the UK we only had the Hatchback with the 1.5 so it's only really easy to get the L15BA with weaker rods. (We had the sedan but as diesel only). However I can see a lot of L15BY CRV engines for sale. Wonder if I could just drop that into my civic in the event of a rod leaving me. That would theoretically get me the stronger rods and bigger CRV turbo.

OP
OP
orange.nissan

orange.nissan

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm very intrigued as to if these engines are any different. Here in the UK we only had the Hatchback with the 1.5 so it's only really easy to get the L15BA with weaker rods. (We had the sedan but as diesel only). However I can see a lot of L15BY CRV engines for sale. Wonder if I could just drop that into my civic in the event of a rod leaving me. That would theoretically get me the stronger rods and bigger CRV turbo.
I also wonder if my turbo is the bigger CR-V turbo or if they just stuck to the regular turbo. We know for a fact that Honda doesn't change the engine code if the turbo is different so I assume my sedan has the regular turbo and the regular high compression pistons of the non si L15B7, but then that begs the question of why they'd even name them separately, besides the location of manufacture. Although Honda has changed engine codes based on location before from what I've read.

Based on the fact that OTS tunes work for my car, I'm going to say that it's exactly the same so far, at least in the areas that directly affect performance (turbo, MAF, camshafts, compression ratio).

OP
OP
orange.nissan

orange.nissan

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hello, time for my status report.

Today I installed my Invidia N1 Catback Exhaust. Install took about 1 hour, from opening the box to starting the car up for the first time with it's new exhaust. I'll post a video and some pics after this brief write-up.

Installing went well, the hangers are a pain to deal with, but oh well. The welds on Invidia's exhaust were beautiful, absolutely gorgeous, so I kept getting distracted while installing. The actual installation part of the exhaust went easier than expected, although uninstalling the OEM exhaust was a little annoying... I obviously started the car for a minute while the exhaust was completely removed, which was hilarious. Not much else to say about the install.

Right after the install I took a 60-70 mile trip down to Chula Vista (in San Diego) and I was a little annoyed with the drone, but I found it was easy to get used to. I'm a little on the fence about installing the included silencer, but I don't think I will just because the exhaust actually does sound pretty good.

In other news, it's only been 4 months (at most) and one of my LED brake lights from TypeRLEDs went bad already, so I contacted them to see if I could get a warranty replacement, but I'm doubting I'll get a response (I've contacted their customer service two times in the past few months for other reasons and gotten ghosted, so we'll see how this goes).

And my last update is that UltimateMotorsports indefinitely delayed my shipment for the set of aftermarket taillights I was wanting. Even though their website said they had multiple units in stock, and still shows having one in stock, it was incorrect and they are out of stock. I ordered about 14-15 business days ago, and they are yet to provide any sort of ETA. We will see how this goes as well.

You may notice that I originally said I was getting an HKS Legamax, but I switched to the Invidia N1. That's because EdgeAutosports told me the HKS would arrive in early April, which was a lie apparently because 2 weeks after my order was placed I got a bad feeling and emailed them to follow up and ensure the ETA was still the same, but they then told me I'd be waiting 6 months for it to arrive. They did not tell me this information until I asked, so I cancelled my order with them and bought my Invidia exhaust (which was for sure in stock) from MAPerformance. It arrived in just under 1 week since it was already in stock.

Enough talking, photos and videos time.

Honda Civic 10th gen Domino's Monochromatic Civic 20240329_135930
Honda Civic 10th gen Domino's Monochromatic Civic 20240329_140624
Honda Civic 10th gen Domino's Monochromatic Civic 20240329_145004
Honda Civic 10th gen Domino's Monochromatic Civic 20240329_150817
Honda Civic 10th gen Domino's Monochromatic Civic 20240329_150821

Bonus video, no exhaust revs just because lol: