Do I need to upgrade my intank fuel pump?

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’ve been running a xdi pump, 1400cc injectors, drilled fuel line, and stock lpfp for over a year now on e30-e40 and the pump hasn’t shit the bed. So from my experience no it’s not required but that being said I’d still recommend you upgrade it
Stock turbo or drop in? How's your injector duty with the 1400s when giving it the beans?
Sponsored

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
Stock turbo or drop in? How's your injector duty with the 1400s when giving it the beans?
Pure550. I haven’t reviewed my datalogs in a long while so I don’t know my duty cycle I’ll have to check my laptop. From what I remember it’s like 60-70% under full load could be way off though lol

OP
OP
govols187

govols187

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 99 Civic, 2019 Toyota Corolla
Country flag
For sure- I trust Jake and his son 100% - they live and breathe FK8s and test on their personal FK8 before releasing anything.

Their work has always been top notch and I'm lucky they are in SoCal. 20+ years in the Honda game and stands behind his work.

Ethanol = torque monster 😆
Well they street tuned it about a month ago and it's a monster. They said I should be 540+whp. It's crazy how hard it pulls now. Quick question though since we've the same turbo. I've got a rattle sound coming from the wastegate area when I let off the throttle. The bar that is attached to the wastegate has play in it and the wastegate does as well. Does yours have that too?

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Well they street tuned it about a month ago and it's a monster. They said I should be 540+whp. It's crazy how hard it pulls now. Quick question though since we've the same turbo. I've got a rattle sound coming from the wastegate area when I let off the throttle. The bar that is attached to the wastegate has play in it and the wastegate does as well. Does yours have that too?
I would upgrade the bov and make sure there isn't much play with the wg arm. I had to shim the p600 arm to eliminate a little slop. The action is very sensitive and the ecu will throw a code if the action has too much slop.

The stock rubber diaphragm can be torn from the boost the R660 is capable of. I run the turbosmart bov with no issues. RV6 also makes a billet bov you can run.
Sponsored