difter

First Name
Tilen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2020 Sport Plus
Country flag
Recently I was on a longer trip(about 700km) and I started hearing clicking noises coming out of the clutch when letting it out.

I have read on this forum that I should try lubing the master clutch cylinder but I have no idea where to lube it. Is graphite lube good for this? Should I spray it with some ptf wd40 instead?

The car is out of warranty so sadly a warranty repair is not an option
Sponsored

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Recently I was on a longer trip(about 700km) and I started hearing clicking noises coming out of the clutch when letting it out.

I have read on this forum that I should try lubing the master clutch cylinder but I have no idea where to lube it. Is graphite lube good for this? Should I spray it with some ptf wd40 instead?

The car is out of warranty so sadly a warranty repair is not an option
Is it super faint, and sound almost like an electronic relay (it may even be that)?

My clutch pedal started making those faint clicks for a few months this past winter, once when I would push the pedal down to the stop, and again when I would release it past a certain point. It seemed to have resolved itself though. Maybe some grease worked itself back to where it should be?

Either way, definitely don’t use WD-40, as it’s technically not a lubricant. Unless you’re talking about WD-40 BRAND lube. I’d take a cautious approach and have someone knowledgable advise before spraying lube indiscriminately.

FYI:

Honda Civic 10th gen Clicking sound when letting out the clutch IMG_5091

Last edited:
OP
OP

difter

First Name
Tilen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2020 Sport Plus
Country flag
You think it could be worth trying to change brake fluid? I see this car doesn't have a seperate clutch fluid reservar so it must be using the same fluid as for the brakes which haven't been feeling great lately. Do you think it could be related?

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Is the sound coming from the clutch slave cylinder? You can verify by placing your phone next to it and press the clutch. And do it again recording from the inside. If it's louder next to clutch slave cylinder you just need to relube it with high temp grease (part number: 08798-9002)

OP
OP

difter

First Name
Tilen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2020 Sport Plus
Country flag
Is the sound coming from the clutch slave cylinder? You can verify by placing your phone next to it and press the clutch. And do it again recording from the inside. If it's louder next to clutch slave cylinder you just need to relube it with high temp grease (part number: 08798-9002)
It is louder next to the slave cylinder or under the hood in general

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
It is louder next to the slave cylinder or under the hood in general
Just need to relube the slave cylinder then. Just unbolt it and the pin should come right out.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
I had this noise few years ago .
I push some grease with a brush on the clutch mechanism under the dashboard.

Previously I had tried spraying lubricant without success.
Sponsored