Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I've been working on getting rid of the window chrome for a while now. I'm embarrassed to say but I actually bought 3 different chrome delete vinyl kits and all three were a fail. I suck at vinyl plain and simple.

I decided on one more idea. I purchased a set of metal overlays that would cover the chrome up. The Ebay ad described them as "black". When I got them though I was bummed to realize they weren't black at all.

More of a dark or "black" chrome. After the disappointment wore off I realized it might give me a sort of one of a kind look and the pieces actually tied in nicely with my anthracite color wheels.

I finally installed the overlays today. They fit superbly and they give my car a bit more of a sporty and sexy look for lack of a better term. Keep in mind this is in bright sunlight. The trim looks noticeably darker on a less bright day or in the shade ...

Honda Civic 10th gen Chrome delete --- kinda sorta 1000000624-01
Sponsored

Last edited:

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
I've been working on getting rid of the window chrome for a while now. I'm embarrassed to say but I actually bought 3 different chrome delete vinyl kits and all three were a fail. I suck at vinyl plain and simple.

I decided on one more idea. I purchased a set of metal overlays that would cover the chrome up. The Ebay ad described them as "black". When I got them though I was bummed to realize they weren't black at all.

More of a dark or "black" chrome. After the disappointment wore off I realized it might give me a sort of one of a kind look and the pieces actually tied in nicely with my anthracite color wheels.

I finally installed the overlays today. They fit superbly and they give my car a bit more of a sporty and sexy look for lack of a better term. Keep in mind this is in bright sunlight. The trim looks noticeably darker on a less bright day or in the shade ...

1000000624-01.png
Nice đź‘Ť Link to the product you got?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you make a best offer and mind sharing what was accepted? Also does the overlay look too thick on top of the original chrome or no issue there? Sorry for all the questions. I like this idea better than the vinyl because I know I wouldn’t do a good job either.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's pretty thin metal and only adds a small amount of thickness. Surprisingly, it seems to use real 3M tape as well. It's on there TIGHT!

I just paid the full price. I had seen these these last year but didn't pull the trigger because they wanted $150. The current price is reasonable.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A heads up @pinhead66

Just one more thing to add. Now that the sun has gone down, I may have misspoke. It doesn't look any darker. The best I can describe this black chrome is that it looks like a gloss darkish gunmetal. If you want something black this may not work for you.

It works really well on my car with the dark blue paint and gray wheels.

Last edited:

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A heads up @pinhead66

Just one more thing to add. Now that the sun has gone down, I may have misspoke. It doesn't look any darker. The best I can describe this black chrome is that it looks like a dark gunmetal. If you want something black this may not work for you.

It works really well on my car with the dark blue paint and gray wheels.
Ah thanks for the heads up. Do you think it wouldn’t work well on lighter color like a PWP?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure. Let's put it this way. This is a somewhat subtle mod (but noticeable). It tones down the brightness of the regular chrome for sure by maybe 50% if I was putting a number on it.

Before
Honda Civic 10th gen Chrome delete --- kinda sorta 1000000636-01

After

Honda Civic 10th gen Chrome delete --- kinda sorta 1000000626-01

Last edited:

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok I can see the difference now. Thanks for the pics. It does tamper it down some. I think it’s worth a shot especially if I can score a best offer.

slowbrainfc1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
might have been less headache if you got those pieces from the dealer

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I finally found comparison pics that show the difference as close to what it looks like in real life as possible. It's obviously not a true chrome delete. But, it transforms the super bright chrome with a gloss, dark tinted chrome that will better match cars with gunmetal or anthracite color wheels.

For my aesthetic, it works really well. And it's something else that sets my car apart a bit.

Honda Civic 10th gen Chrome delete --- kinda sorta 1

Honda Civic 10th gen Chrome delete --- kinda sorta IMG_245sw7

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
It definitely tones the chrome down. It will be interesting to see their longevity.
Sponsored