Center rear view mirror

Reava

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX
Hi folks, new 2019 civic owner, I was wondering if I am able to raise the height of the center rear view mirror? It seems a bit low for me, even with seat all the way down. I tried moving it up since there was what looks to be a joint, but seems really stiff, I didn't want to take the risk of breaking it hehe. If so is there a video showing someone doing that or anything that would be awesome thanks.
Sponsored

kwk1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic LX Sedan CVT white
Country flag
It’s definitely adjustable but even pushing it all the way up, it is still in my way. I have to lower my head especially at 4-way stops when checking to the right.

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hi folks, new 2019 civic owner, I was wondering if I am able to raise the height of the center rear view mirror? It seems a bit low for me, even with seat all the way down. I tried moving it up since there was what looks to be a joint, but seems really stiff, I didn't want to take the risk of breaking it hehe. If so is there a video showing someone doing that or anything that would be awesome thanks.
There are indeed 2 joints. One on the back of the mirror, and the other where the mirror arm attaches to the windshield area.

The latter joint is harder to move but it is adjustable. I can’t remember if it has 360 degrees of adjustment or if it’s just up or down though.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Just get a wide angle blue one. You have the expensive spoon option or a $10 add on.

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
SUMA performance also makes a wide angle mirror

Some people swap out to use the Zoom Engineering mirrors… i’m not clear if you can get those higher, but some of them are at least a smaller dimension

I’m also pretty tall in the waist so that stupid mirror gets in my way also - even with the double articulation. I’m seriously considering buying an electronic LCD mirror and placing it elsewhere. When it is no longer a reflective piece of glass, it doesn’t need to be stuck on the windshield anymore. It could be mounted on the centre console kind of like an old-school convertible mirror.

One might have to check into your legal requirements, however
Sponsored

Last edited: