burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Those that installed these on their si, did you have issues with removing the shifter cable retainer clip (c clip). I was not able to remove mine and had to work around it like that i didnt wanna break them either. Kind of annoying, but I was able to install it.

Sponsored

zhendexing

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those that installed these on their si, did you have issues with removing the shifter cable retainer clip (c clip). I was not able to remove mine and had to work around it like that i didnt wanna break them either. Kind of annoying, but I was able to install it.

I was able to remove the c clip, it was not easy tho, it takes lots of patience, that thing is tight.

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I was able to remove the c clip, it was not easy tho, it takes lots of patience, that thing is tight.

What did you use ? I had a dewalt needle nose pliers but i wasnt able to pull it out. I didnt wanna break it and wait days for a replacement'

Zswiat

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si sedan
Country flag
I worked at mine with a small screwdriver first and then when i had room used a larger slotted screwdriver to pry it up. Pain to put the c clip back on too. Had to squeeze a hammer down in there and tap it without damaging anything else.

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I used a modified flat head screwdriver. I bent the end of it using a torch because I didnt have a pry bar small enough. Just get underneath it and work it slowly and it will eventually slide up. One came off much easier than the other but it will come off with some elbow grease

xmikedentx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic si, 2016 Tacoma TRD 4x4
Country flag
I was able to remove and replace the bushings without removing the c-clips that hold the shift cables in. Figure I'd save the time and frustration of trying to pull the clips out.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Does it give any benefits at all. It reduces slight play and I don't think you need to change it unless you are using your car for track driving

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thanks for the replies guys!

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I was able to remove and replace the bushings without removing the c-clips that hold the shift cables in. Figure I'd save the time and frustration of trying to pull the clips out.
Thats exactly what i did lol. Took maybe 20 mins to install

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Does it give any benefits at all. It reduces slight play and I don't think you need to change it unless you are using your car for track driving
Its a tighter throw when shifting gears. Id say its perfect for daily driving, not really beneficial to track use unless you do the shifter assembly.

zhendexing

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had some lock out issues with 1st and 2nd before the bushing upgrade, the bushings eliminates most of the lockout, just some with 1st gear every once in a while. Now I swapped the mtf to amsoil and installed Perrin rmm insert, the improvement is way beyond I expected. Zero occasional lockout so far for a few days, and about 500miles of driving.

Boni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I noticed a bit of a difference but not $70 worth of it. On the op, I was not able to remove the clips but was able to install the bushings with a ton of patience and carefulness to not drop anything.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same here. You can get the bushings changed without removing the clips.