First Name
Rylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Hey y'all. Things have been going swell with my Si so far. But I ran into an issues last night. No check engine light, but my car is only hitting about 10 lbs of boost at most. I am on the ktuner 21psi starter tune. Mods are my PRL Cobra and PRL Catted DP. I am getting a more raspy sound from up front of the car (almost sounds like an exhaust leak of some kind?) and a stronger smell of fuel when driving with windows down. I recorded a video with my phone which i will add below, of the car idling and tapping the throttle when idling to try and identify any strange sounds. Datalog begins on the freeway just cruising, includes a few pulls, and my entire ride home. Please help! And ask any and all clarifying questions and I will answer ASAP. Thanks!
Sponsored

Attachments

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I won't be able to check the log until tonight. Start by checking your intercooler charge pipe connections.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Obviously a pretty sizable boost leak/low boost issue. Check the charge pipe connections, other hoses. You may need to do a smoke test. Physically inspect the EWG / actuator. I'm not a pro. Just some ideas.

Honda Civic 10th gen *HELP* turbo? wastegate? injectors? datalog and videos included Screenshot 2024-04-22 225942

Last edited:
OP
OP
bluerazz

bluerazz

First Name
Rylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Obviously a pretty sizable boost leak/low boost issue. Check the charge pipe connections, other hoses. You may need to do a smoke test. Physically inspect the EWG / actuator. I'm not a pro. Just some ideas.

Screenshot 2024-04-22 225942.png
The more I drive I am inclined to think it’s a hose somewhere that might’ve split or popped off. MAP is reading 3 psi lower than what my dash guage. Exhaust is a lot quieter than normal, with the raspy/hissing noise coming from up front. Fingers crossed I can find the leak. Thanks @gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I can't fully speak to the accuracy of the Si's dash gauge. My Non-Si's boost gauge is a joke.

Builtfc1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The more I drive I am inclined to think it’s a hose somewhere that might’ve split or popped off. MAP is reading 3 psi lower than what my dash guage. Exhaust is a lot quieter than normal, with the raspy/hissing noise coming from up front. Fingers crossed I can find the leak. Thanks @gtman
Look on top of the intake manifold there is a vacuum line that often pops off.
Honda Civic 10th gen *HELP* turbo? wastegate? injectors? datalog and videos included IMG_2264

Zedaine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want a second set of eyes or assistance in getting the front bumper off so you can check the intercooler piping I have a lot of tools and a set of ramps. I'm in the Bountiful/North Salt Lake area.

OP
OP
bluerazz

bluerazz

First Name
Rylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
IMG_2264.jpeg
I looked at the hoses going into the intake manifold, they all looked okay. I recorded a short video, watch it and tell me what you think. I appreciate your quick response!

If you want a second set of eyes or assistance in getting the front bumper off so you can check the intercooler piping I have a lot of tools and a set of ramps. I'm in the Bountiful/North Salt Lake area.
Thanks for your response. I might have to take you up on that offer. I live in south valley area so not too far from you. Fortunately the car seems driveable, as long as I stay out of boost it seems to operate just fine. How can I get in contact with you?

let me know if you are able to view this video below 👇 https://share.icloud.com/photos/0a1PsMVi9tRdY934fhqR7iFng

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Like I said a couple of times, charge pipes are always the first place to look.

OP
OP
bluerazz

bluerazz

First Name
Rylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Like I said a couple of times, charge pipes are always the first place to look.
IMG_2264.jpeg
Found some missing gaskets in the intercooler piping, and there is no support mounts for the radiator. Got parts from Honda that I hope will fix boost leak. Next step from there is to replace turbo inlet pipe, @Zedaine has been a major help in this process. How fortunate it is to have an enthusiast near by!

Honda Civic 10th gen *HELP* turbo? wastegate? injectors? datalog and videos included IMG_3720

Zedaine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Happy to assist! Hopefully getting those intercooler gaskets replaced and intercooler brackets installed will resolve the issue. Sucks that the previous owner didn't put everything back correctly...
Sponsored