Spence

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic SI
Country flag
Hi guys, I got in a dang near raging argument with hasport probably a year and a half before this issue reared its ugly ugly head. It was about those bolts snapping.
Long story short my track day is ruined.

I’m angry because I heard hasport had an upgraded mount and they wouldn’t let me buy it or give it to me. It sickens me they still sell this crap, I even loctited the bolts and the two outer trans bolts still snapped.

Time to window weld the stock mounts.

just garbage. I don’t mean to be so mean to hasport but really makes me sick.

Now here I am 2 hours from home with 1 bolt holding the trans mount together.
Partly my fault for tracking my car but this shouldn’t have happened.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hasport mounts suck really bad!!  Nobody buy this product! Track day ruined IMG_0064
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spence

Spence

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic SI
Country flag
I've long since cooled down on this matter, still not pleased, I just wished hasport made all the mounts from billet aluminum and this is the trans mount that failed. I'm just bummed cause this was a solid setup. If hasport made the trans mount 1 piece 1 material like stock but with poly bushes it would have been mint.

I'm further frustrated that these mounts were marketed as an upgrade, here I was jumping auto part store to auto parts store 2 hours from home waiting for my engine and transmission to drop.

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Spence,
First off, sorry to hear about this issue. It's my biggest worry for track days and driving the same car I run with for a couple of hours. I am planning on buying a truck and trailer next year so I can enjoy the car more. As for the mount, I have a few questions since I have the same kit.

1. What engine torque are you putting out?
2. What clutch kit are you using?
3. What torque are you using for the hardware?
4. Are you using any anti seize?
5. What durometer mounts do you have?
6. About how many miles do you have on that mount?
7. Do you know what grade bolts these are??

I have run my 82a mounts for a couple of years now and have a ton of miles on them, with my flex fuel tune and FX350 clutch. I use a touch of anti seize and torque my bolts by hand, but no specific value. I have to go over the bolts several times to get them all tight also. I have to pull my transmission once or twice a year to play around with my two setups and freshen the clutch up, so I am accessing my hardware fairly often. They have always stayed tight and always look to be in good condition. Your issue makes me want to call Hasport and order another set of bolts to have on hand just in case, and maybe a way to extract the part that's in the threaded hole. How did you get that out to put new bolts in?

Anyhow, I understand your frustration, and think what you have commented on will help a few of us prepare for the same down the road by carrying spare hardware. My checklist for racing is growing longer.

Chris

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Damn, I asked some questions but just realized I could answer some of them myself from your signature block and past threads. So, below are some answers while we wait to see more.

1. What engine torque are you putting out? 302 ft-lbs (Phearable 1.5R)
2. What clutch kit are you using? ACT Street (mild engagement?)
5. What durometer mounts do you have? Spence commented on Feb 19, 2023 that they were 62a.
7. Do you know what grade bolts these are?? Spence commented on Feb 22, 2023 that they were Grade 12.9.

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
If hasport made the trans mount 1 piece 1 material like stock but with poly bushes it would have been mint.
The stock trans mount is 2 pieces, but all 1 material. Not sure it could be made as 1 piece & work correctly.

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
I forget the story but there wasn't there some design issue and they rectified that?
can you remind me... any links? having trouble finding this.

AH I think this is it...

Not 100% the same, but this dude had failure of his own... could be lessons there.

Isn't Wunderladen coming out with something for 10th gen?
can't find that info offhand

e.g their Mitsubishi EVO product
https://www.wunderladenracing.com/p...nt-combo-package?_pos=10&_sid=88d5469c0&_ss=r

Last edited:

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
Watching that video, they discuss their FK8 mount kit... because the FK8 is heavy (his words) they ended up changing the design to deal with issues that were occurring in racing.

Did a similar change also apply to non-FK8 cars like the Si ?

OP
OP
Spence

Spence

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic SI
Country flag
Spence,
First off, sorry to hear about this issue. It's my biggest worry for track days and driving the same car I run with for a couple of hours. I am planning on buying a truck and trailer next year so I can enjoy the car more. As for the mount, I have a few questions since I have the same kit.

1. What engine torque are you putting out?
2. What clutch kit are you using?
5. What durometer mounts do you have?
7. Do you know what grade bolts these are??

I have run my 82a mounts for a couple of years now and have a ton of miles on them, with my flex fuel tune and FX350 clutch. I use a touch of anti seize and torque my bolts by hand, but no specific value. I have to go over the bolts several times to get them all tight also. I have to pull my transmission once or twice a year to play around with my two setups and freshen the clutch up, so I am accessing my hardware fairly often. They have always stayed tight and always look to be in good condition. Your issue makes me want to call Hasport and order another set of bolts to have on hand just in case, and maybe a way to extract the part that's in the threaded hole. How did you get that out to put new bolts in?

Anyhow, I understand your frustration, and think what you have commented on will help a few of us prepare for the same down the road by carrying spare hardware. My checklist for racing is growing longer.

Chris
they’re grade 12.9 bolts.
Well I’m on phearable 1.5r so that is putting out like 300ft lbs. I’m not saying they fail right away but they will fail at a real crap moment like this. As well one of the threaded inserts broke off the trans mount, I haven’t done a full autopsy but yea.

I tightened them down by hand and added loctite and they never came loose. Wel the center one wiggled it’s way loose but the other two snapped clean off and the other one snapped and dropped the threaded insert out of the mount.

I’m irritated too cause these mounts are solid but stock mounts filled with window weld or if the spoon type r mounts will fit the si I’ll get those.

OP
OP
Spence

Spence

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic SI
Country flag
Watching that video, they discuss their FK8 mount kit... because the FK8 is heavy (his words) they ended up changing the design to deal with issues that were occurring in racing.

Did a similar change also apply to non-FK8 cars like the Si ?
I’m curious myself if the spoon type r mounts fit the si. I recall as you said the type r version the bolts are the same setup and broke immediately.
I picked hasports brain and argued back and forth with them about a year ago about the upgrade type r trans mount they had and I’d buy it. No avail

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I've had about 7 track days over 2 years with my hasport mounts and zero issues. Sorry to hear this happened.

OP
OP
Spence

Spence

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic SI
Country flag
I've had about 7 track days over 2 years with my hasport mounts and zero issues. Sorry to hear this happened.
My solution is to fabricate a steel motor bracket and get a bushing, mine unlike hasports will have 4 high grade m14 bolts in place of the whimpy 3x m10 bolts.

I feel I could definitely fabricate a worthy mount. I just have to pick a good steel.

I know some are problem free but I’m still just irritated hasport isn’t doing anything about it to upgrade it.

I really don’t trust putting the same problematic part back on my car. I trust stock more than I trust the hasports. The hasports are solid until they’re not.

furthermore there aren’t any other companies out there that make upgrade mounts for non type r’s, like a full set.

Builtfc1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So you track the car did you do a bolt check before going out?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spence

Spence

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic SI
Country flag
So you track the car did you do a bolt check before going out?
I did a full inspection on it really thorough, I guess this is one thing that I definitely didn’t think was going to be broken.
I’m definitely thinking of copying but beefing up my own version of that mount.

OP
OP
Spence

Spence

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic SI
Country flag
Just look at that garbage. Ripped one threaded insert out and snapped 2/3
actually update, two inserts fell out, out so there is one insert left.

bolts. It makes me irritated hasport will not remedy this, just send me the same crappy product. It also bugs me that these mounts are marketed as an upgrade for running more torque and power.

also there is no other upgrade trans and passenger mount sets for the fk7 or si on the market

Honda Civic 10th gen Hasport mounts suck really bad!!  Nobody buy this product! Track day ruined IMG_0075
Sponsored

Last edited: