Where do you put your phone?

TakaDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I usually put my phone on the little pocket to the left of the center console but I’ve noticed that when I have the foot heater on, it makes that area really hot making my phone start to overheat. Is there any other place you guys place your phone other than a phone holder?
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
There is a place for an oem Honda wireless phone charger. That’s where your phone belongs; Even if you don’t have a wireless charger.

GoleeMD

First Name
Jim Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have a DIY "wireless" charger in the little cubby in front of the shifter (a flat usb wireless charger plugged into the 12V outlet below). My larger phone fits perfectly there and is super secure, lines up with the charger every time. Can't really see or use the screen there, but it has wireless android auto so I use the HU screen mostly.

Ryujin2003

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I have a DIY "wireless" charger in the little cubby in front of the shifter (a flat usb wireless charger plugged into the 12V outlet below). My larger phone fits perfectly there and is super secure, lines up with the charger every time. Can't really see or use the screen there, but it has wireless android auto so I use the HU screen mostly.
Do you have pictures of this setup? Sounds love what I'm looking for.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
I have the factory wireless charger below the radio and I hate the thing. It's very slow, even for a Qi wireless charger. Your phone sits sideways so you can't fit it in there while connected to USB (for Android Auto) and it's also awkward to get out. It's as if it was designed before Honda realised phones were getting a bit on the big side and they never factored in that the car only supports wired Android Auto, so you need somewhere to put the phone while there's a lead in it. If you just rotate the phone and leave it like that, the gearstick keeps bumping into the USB cable.

I now just use a magnetic mount that fits on the centre vents and positions my phone just above the head unit. I'm not 100% happy with it at the moment but it's much better than the alternative.

difter

First Name
Tilen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2020 Sport Plus
Country flag
I have the factory wireless charger below the radio and I hate the thing. It's very slow, even for a Qi wireless charger. Your phone sits sideways so you can't fit it in there while connected to USB (for Android Auto) and it's also awkward to get out. It's as if it was designed before Honda realised phones were getting a bit on the big side and they never factored in that the car only supports wired Android Auto, so you need somewhere to put the phone while there's a lead in it. If you just rotate the phone and leave it like that, the gearstick keeps bumping into the USB cable.

I now just use a magnetic mount that fits on the centre vents and positions my phone just above the head unit. I'm not 100% happy with it at the moment but it's much better than the alternative.
I have a s22+ and use an angled usb c cable so the phone fits there perfectly. The wireless charging is a bit slow yes but if you need faster charging wired charging is pretty fast

GoleeMD

First Name
Jim Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Do you have pictures of this setup? Sounds love what I'm looking for.
Honda Civic 10th gen Where do you put your phone? 1000005228

This is what I currently have, and my phone fits perfectly in that cubby sideways. I have the Samsung S22 Ultra for size comparison. I think it's one of the larger ones out there, so most phones should fit there.

I actually have a new set up for my phone I was going to try, which also adds to the Vader theme. Parts are scheduled to be delivered to the house today, so I might have updated pics in a little bit.

Ryujin2003

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Figured I'd update here. I ended up with the Niku mount, ordered off eBay. I mounted a Bulletpoint mount with their hardware. It's much sturdier than I expected. Even with a full Hasport mounting kit, the phone isn't vibrating as much as I expected.

Honda Civic 10th gen Where do you put your phone? 20240629_171647

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Where do you put your phone? IMG_2616

+1 on the pocket area. But I’ve never noticed my phone getting hot with just the foot heat on. Probably the best pocket area for a phone vs my older cars.

quigonquinn

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2019 CBR650R
I usually put my phone on the little pocket to the left of the center console but I’ve noticed that when I have the foot heater on, it makes that area really hot making my phone start to overheat. Is there any other place you guys place your phone other than a phone holder?
I kept my phone there, too.

Til I almost hit a racoon on the highway. Slammed on my brakes. And my phone ended up under my feet

DO NOT leave your phone there.

I bought these, ran it from the usb port up thru the back of the shelf in front of the shifter. The spring-y-ness makes it easy to plug it in, and it stays nice and firmly in that spot

Coiled USB C Cable, 2 Pack USB to... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CLLSNZ7S?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Honda Civic 10th gen Where do you put your phone? 20240627_174208

Last edited: