What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have to take the bumper off to swap to Morimoto or Diode Dynamics fog assemblies, right?
no you dont. but if you want it to be easier to mess with (meaning if you live in a apartment and want to take the bumper inside the house to put them in) then you can take the bumper off but again its not needed
Sponsored

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking cleaner since I took the rally armor mud flaps off and added zl1 mud guards. Next aesthetic mod will be carbon mirror caps
38E8996D-F3D4-43F7-989D-A6EF003C9B5A.jpeg
always loved that front lip style.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the hfp lip for the longest time but it had seen better days. But I’m liking the mugen one more now
never liked the hfp lip on the 10th gens it just looked out of place tbh. the mugen one looks way better!

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i do want the mugen lip for my coupe but its like 700 ugh!
Gotta pay to play

But for real though, classic JDM parts are pricey

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gotta pay to play

But for real though, classic JDM parts are pricey
Big time! I was chatting with @arpypat at work today about the type r engine and trans for the ek9 and shit good prices now for them are 8500 for motor and trans...

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Long time no post! Long story time:

Over the past busy ass 2 years, I've found myself falling out of love with my Si. I had both axle boots tear on my car, requiring both be replaced (only one was covered by warranty, and the other cost me $1k). I had the AC Condenser issue, but never had time to leave it at the dealership, so I was without AC. I hit a big ass pothole in a dark street which launched my car and SLAMMED it down, causing my tire to burst and the autopilot to un-calibrate ($110 at the dealer to recalibrate). I started to find myself scraping everywhere, so I had to remove my lowering springs.

The vinyl I put on my roof started to crack, and shops were quoting me $900 to remove the vinyl, as it had been baked on. My rims were also curb rashed to sh*t, as I had repeated runins with awkward drive-thrus, earthquake-cracked sidewalks, and one time some rebar sticking out of a parking structure pillar. (also, I used to suck extra at parallel parking because I would panic and rush). The HIC Rear Visor adhesive started to come undone real bad.

The ride also started to feel harsh on my back. I don't know if it's me being not flexible at all, or if the sudden CA rain has been making the roads worse, but sometimes after an hour long ride, it's been wearing on me.

And on top of it all, my life started to turn where I was needing to drive people, a lot of older aunts/uncles/in-laws, who all had awkward times getting in my coupe. I just kept running into one thing or another that had me questioning my decisions.

I was ready to sort of write it all off, sell the car and move to the 11th gen Si, or to an Integra A-Spec, and let Carmax fix it all up. But a good talk with the girlfriend convinced me that wasn't the way to go, as I would just be stressing over another set of monthly payments, and surely as a hands-on guy, I could find a way to fix what needed to be fixed on my own and she also told me that surely there was a way to add more mods that would make it "new to me". The 2-door limitation wasn't really an issue, as she thought that this "needing to give people rides" phase will pass.

I ended up successfully removing the cracked vinyl (4 hours of pressure washing + 4 hours of scraping with 3M adhesive remover). While I was at it, I used the 3M to remove the adhesive from the rear visor and renew it with some 3M Molding Tape from Autozone.

The rims were pretty much a write off - places were quoting me about $200/wheel to fix, pretty much almost the way to a new set. Luckily, the tax return came in so I found my way into a new set: Enkei SS05 17x7.5 +40.

I wanted to get more mods but while doing my pre-wheel install prep, I saw that the driver side axle boot was leaking grease AGAIN. I took it to the dealer, thinking "Oh, it's within 12 months, they'll cover it". But the tech said that they can see debris hit it and cut it open, but they would only need to replace the boot. And while they're at it, they can replace the AC Condenser for free. So that ended up costing me another $600.

But now everything's fixed, and my new wheels are on, and in all this effort to take care and sort of do a "renewing" of my car, I fell in love again. I realized I was just frustrated and in the stress of what was happening, I just wanted a new shiny toy instead of having another thing to stress over, but I'm glad I put the work in.

Moving to a thicker sidewall setup has also done wonders for comfort. I was afraid 17s would look silly, but I do like the sort of meaty look.

Now I just have to find another $200 for a new set of RL53s because my 4-year-old set is faded as heck. :doh:
PXL_20240425_001710340.MP.jpg

PXL_20240425_001755123.MP.jpg

PXL_20240424_231624458.MP.jpg

PXL_20240424_221839125.MP.jpg
#coupegang

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i do want the mugen lip for my coupe but its like 700 ugh!
I got mine for 900 CAD painted from my buddy who had his car totalled by a driver that brake checked him. Good thing he had a dash cam

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got mine for 900 CAD painted from my buddy who had his car totalled by a driver that brake checked him. Good thing he had a dash cam
Oh shit not bad! The one I want is the carbon fiber one for the 6th Gen civic since that's all I have now lol