What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You need to add an update in the tuning thread. Congrats on 100,000.

As far as tint, I'm weird I guess. Looks great, no doubt. My wife's car was heavily tinted and I just didn't like driving it at night.
Sponsored

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Stage 2 detailing complete.

Wax, trim shine and interior work left to go.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1000000724-01

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My headlights were getting a little cloudy and I used some Meguiars PlastX and a bit of elbow grease and they look brand new. That stuff is really good for light oxidation.

Sorry no pics. The pollen is horrible here ... my allergies kicked in bad and I had to go inside.

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
My headlights were getting a little cloudy and I used some Meguiars PlastX and a bit of elbow grease and they look brand new. That stuff is really good for light oxidation.

Sorry no pics. The pollen is horrible here ... my allergies kicked in bad and I had to go inside.
I’ve been wanting to get my headlights restored and ppf’d to avoid them getting all cloudy and destroyed from the highway. I might try the PlastX that you mentioned first and see how it turns out.

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
Installed the Acuity fully adjustable performance short shifter. I was not ready for the difference it made. I spent a lot of time watching videos and reading reviews, but I wasn't prepared. Other mods I've done I've seen, "o it's so great" but I was underwhelmed, this is not the case with the shifter, it's amazing!

I left the center console out for now so I can experiment and dial in the settings easily (saw it here). Very pleased with the purchase so far.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20240426_094341
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20240426_124346
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20240426_124356

Last edited:

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag

Spraying clear coat on your headlights will help slow down the oxidation process.

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
“Popped” these bad boys in. Quotation marks because this install was much harder than expected.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_5084

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
hey, as long as your girlfriend doesn’t have to push your car in reverse because you broke the cables, you’re all good. Speaking for a friend. 😂
1. I removed the clips! They sucked : D

2. No girlfriend here so I would’ve been screwed had I broke the cables 😆

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
1. I removed the clips! They sucked : D

2. No girlfriend here so I would’ve been screwed had I broke the cables 😆
What was so difficult? Was literally a 20 minute install for me (Si model). When you say "clips" are you refering to the split pins that hold the cables in place?
I will say this upgrade really tightened the gates for my Si. I have all the other Acuity shifter mods installed ( rocker/ spring, base bushings, centering spring) & this was by far best upgrade.

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What was so difficult? Was literally a 20 minute install for me (Si model). When you say "clips" are you refering to the split pins that hold the cables in place?
I will say this upgrade really tightened the gates for my Si. I have all the other Acuity shifter mods installed ( rocker/ spring, base bushings, centering spring) & this was by far best upgrade.
Yeah I was probably being overly careful, but the c-clips took the better part of an hour to get off.

This is the first actual shifter upgrade (other than the Poco knob) I’ve done on this car. Definitely feels better now though. No more of that “mushy crunch”, especially going into 2nd gear.

I have the remaining Acuity bits for their Stage 1 shifter upgrade bundle on deck, whenever I can muster up the courage to take apart the center console 😅

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
Yeah I was probably being overly careful, but the c-clips took the better part of an hour to get off.

This is the first actual shifter upgrade (other than the Poco knob) I’ve done on this car. Definitely feels better now though. No more of that “mushy crunch”, especially going into 2nd gear.

I have the remaining Acuity bits for their Stage 1 shifter upgrade bundle on deck, whenever I can muster up the courage to take apart the center console 😅
Splitting hairs, but I think all the manuals have split-pins & no C-clips. Very easy to remove, just insert 1 jaw of a pair of needle nose pliers & pull straight out. Done!

The center console isn't a big deal. Acuity has great install videos on their site. Reference the vids & go slow & you'll be fine. All the Acuity shifter goodies are superb upgrades so enjoy

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Splitting hairs, but I think all the manuals have split-pins & no C-clips. Very easy to remove, just insert 1 jaw of a pair of needle nose pliers & pull straight out. Done!

The center console isn't a big deal. Acuity has great install videos on their site. Reference the vids & go slow & you'll be fine. All the Acuity shifter goodies are superb upgrades so enjoy
I’m referring to these clips (with the blue and orange marks). That hold the cable housing to the transmission bracket. Required an insane amount of force to free and there is not much space to work with.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_5085
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_5089