theavener

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FC1
Country flag
Hey everyone, I'm looking at getting a Ktuner v1.2 w/ the TSP stage 1 tune--I just want a reasonable amount of kick, nothing crazy. I had a few questions about using the Ktuner, though.

1) I understand you can store multiple tunes (5?) on the v1.2. Are you able to flash back to factory while moving or is that something to do while parked or the engine is off (accessory mode)?

2) As for the basemaps, I'm thinking of using maps 0 or 1 depending on how it feels. From what I understand, map 2 is a lot more taxing on the engine and CVT than the first two with more boost, correct?

3) With the cruise control buttons, can you switch maps while driving or should you be parked/in accessory mode?

4) Does the TSP1 tune come as a dual tune? I may be wrong but it was my understanding that dual tunes allow eco mode to work as usual while running a tune.

I appreciate any and all help y'all have a great day <3
Sponsored

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey everyone, I'm looking at getting a Ktuner v1.2 w/ the TSP stage 1 tune--I just want a reasonable amount of kick, nothing crazy. I had a few questions about using the Ktuner, though.

1) I understand you can store multiple tunes (5?) on the v1.2. Are you able to flash back to factory while moving or is that something to do while parked or the engine is off (accessory mode)?

2) As for the basemaps, I'm thinking of using maps 0 or 1 depending on how it feels. From what I understand, map 2 is a lot more taxing on the engine and CVT than the first two with more boost, correct?

3) With the cruise control buttons, can you switch maps while driving or should you be parked/in accessory mode?

4) Does the TSP1 tune come as a dual tune? I may be wrong but it was my understanding that dual tunes allow eco mode to work as usual while running a tune.

I appreciate any and all help y'all have a great day <3
1) You have to be stopped, with the car on but ignition off - accessory mode.
2) Yep, more boost + more CVT stress.
3) You have to be stopped, but the ignition can be on. I switch between maps at red lights all the time.
4) I believe so - at least on the Si, the TSP has different Sport mode on/off boost targets.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
You can switch on the fly maps any time. This is why it's on the fly. :)

TSP explains the levels for their tunes right on their website.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OP, you may want to read some of my tuning topics. I think they'll help you out.

Side note: CVTs have done very well on both base maps and off the shelf tunes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
theavener

theavener

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FC1
Country flag
I appreciate yall responding so fast ❤ a bit of a side question but I've heard its possible to fix the low/rough idle with a Ktuner, is that true? That and suppressing codes are both something I'm really looking forward to (besides the tune).

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Yes you can adjust idle speed a bit higher on the Ktuner Starter tunes to have a smoother idle.

OP
OP
theavener

theavener

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FC1
Country flag
Yes you can adjust idle speed a bit higher on the Ktuner Starter tunes to have a smoother idle.
Awesome thank you so much 🙏🙏 Once I get tuned up I'll post on that reliability thread 😉
Sponsored