Percy-fk8

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
2018 Fk8 please help this noise is making me want to kill myself. Starts randomly from stop or 10-15 mph and only goes away if i stop the car completely. Then its basically a 50/50 whether it comes back or not when I get rolling again. I can even hear it at highway speeds. Its really making me not wanna drive the car its so annoying/embarrassing.

honda&man_lover

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 CTR
dont joke about that honey..

I basically have the same car and well lets just say it wasnt good. The wheel bearing basically exploded and it costed me a lot of dollars to fix. Good luck tho 😚

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
2018 Fk8 please help this noise is making me want to kill myself. Starts randomly from stop or 10-15 mph and only goes away if i stop the car completely. Then its basically a 50/50 whether it comes back or not when I get rolling again. I can even hear it at highway speeds. Its really making me not wanna drive the car its so annoying/embarrassing.
You have rocks in the top part of your brake caliper.

You have to spray down at the top of it (spray the shit out of it) at like a 70 degree angle down from the top at it. From the bottom or side doesn't work. There is some silly little shelf that will perfectly catch a pebble. I'm pro at picking them up and if there was a contest, I would win.

Give it a shot but those things pick up rocks and make crazy noise.

OP
OP

Percy-fk8

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
You have rocks in the top part of your brake caliper.

You have to spray down at the top of it (spray the shit out of it) at like a 70 degree angle down from the top at it. From the bottom or side doesn't work. There is some silly little shelf that will perfectly catch a pebble. I'm pro at picking them up and if there was a contest, I would win.

Give it a shot but those things pick up rocks and make crazy noise.
Do you mean its stuck in between the brake pad and rotor or somewhere in the caliper housing?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

bigbacon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
between the brake shield and other brake components.

Edit:
Just had this happen again today....

Get wheels that are more open so you can more easily stick your hand in there and jiggle the shield violently.

Last edited:

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you mean its stuck in between the brake pad and rotor or somewhere in the caliper housing?
Sort of. There is like a shelf you can barely see on the top part of the caliper that's why the suggestion for ~70% downward spraying. Give it a shot see if it corrects it. Good luck man!

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
between the brake shield and other brake components.

Edit:
Just had this happen again today....

Get wheels that are more open so you can more easily stick your hand in there and jiggle the shield violently.
Most of the time, for me, the shield is a red herring. Sure you may find a pebble or two in there but the noise maker is as previously stated. I tried fiddling with the dust shields when having a more prominent noise with limited / no effect overall.

honda&man_lover

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 CTR
Sounds like its a cute little rock in your braking system. I recommend taking it to the dealer and having all of the brakes replaced and cleaned. Thats just me cause I dont like to get my fingers dirty. Or just do it yourself if your mommy lets you work on your car. Mine didnt.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Sounds like its a cute little rock in your braking system. I recommend taking it to the dealer and having all of the brakes replaced and cleaned. Thats just me cause I dont like to get my fingers dirty. Or just do it yourself if your mommy lets you work on your car. Mine didnt.
No need to be like this.

OP
OP

Percy-fk8

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Taking my car dealer to remove a pebble? hmmm. No thanks. I think ill do it myself I'm not soft, I work on my own car.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just a troll people - report and move on.
Sponsored