2019CivicSi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Yesterday a coworker’s 2015 Ford Edge ignited into flames while off and parked next to my Si. Now I’m just waiting for the insurance adjuster to confirm what I already know…she’s a total loss.
This has me wondering if anyone knows of a Sport Touring manual shift that’s available on the east coast Tri-State area (NY, CT, NJ) or even Pennsylvania? I know they’re difficult to find in manual transmission. If I can’t find one, I’ll seek another Si.

Honda Civic 10th gen My Silver Bullet went up in flames 😞 IMG_4090

Honda Civic 10th gen My Silver Bullet went up in flames 😞 IMG_4073

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
No words. So horrible.

Zedaine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would be livid if this happened to me :mad:. There is a class action lawsuit against Ford for their hybrids spontaneously combusting. You and the Edge owner may want to look into getting in on that for some sort of additional reimbursement.

CMarks

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Damn that is some really bad luck, sorry to hear.

quigonquinn

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2019 CBR650R
Jeeze, You can't escape Fords reliability problems even if you buy a Honda.
Came here to say this
The next time a passenger complains that I park miles from the entrance, I'll point them to this post.
Telling my wife about she. She always teases me about parking so far away 😅

In all seriousness, this is terrible. I hope it wasn't due to lack of maintenance on the Ford owner's part, or I'd be so pissed.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The next time a passenger complains that I park miles from the entrance, I'll point them to this post.
Here's the thing though. Where I work, I park on a huge empty lot that's literally a block away from the business. And there's no one around. After work there's some guy (usually in a pickup truck) parked right next to me. Hundreds of better spaces to park and they park right on top of me.

bluzfanmr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Touring Coupe, '10 Hyundai Tucson
Country flag
Here's the thing though. Where I work, I park on a huge empty lot that's literally a block away from the business. And there's no one around. After work there's some guy (usually in a pickup truck) parked right next to me. Hundreds of better spaces to park and they park right on top of me.
This pisses me off so much. I always park away from everyone but there's always one ass, usually in a giant truck, that could park anywhere, but they always park next to me.

cck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic sedan sport
Country flag
Ouch. That must've been quite the fire to do that much damage to the cars around it. Any pics of the ford that started the fire?

X'er

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si, 00 Alero, 85 Delta 88
Country flag
Sorry to read this :(

Always my worst fear. I wont park next to my coworker's Telluride for the same reason, and I avoid parking next to all EV's or even in the same row as them if I can
Sponsored