Muffler Delete

lx.sequoia

First Name
Sequoia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic LX Hatchback 4D 1.5 Turbo
Hey! I recently got my car about 2-3 weeks ago and I had wanted to modify my car. I have a 2019 Honda Civic LX, and my warranty is through CarMax Care. (General Info)….
I had wanted to do a muffler delete but everyone that does not modify cars, or works for warranty places say it can ruin my car if I do that. So just wanted to know if anyone has experience issues after getting a muffler delete on their car? Also any info about modifying cars would be great!
Sponsored

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
Muffler Delete: It won't ruin your car in a technical sense, but it will probably ruin your enjoyment and your relationship with your neighbours and law enforcement...

OP
OP
lx.sequoia

lx.sequoia

First Name
Sequoia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wym enjoyment?

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'd personally save up some money and get a sport rear diffuser conversion with the Prodrager exhaust since that is the only CivicX exhaust system that I know that works on a Non-Sport LX and EX Hatchback. I have a Sport so I don't need to do this but I did replace my exhaust as a whole with HKS Hi-Power Spec L II with a bigger frontpipe from 27WON.

Xernive

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
Muffler delete if you have CVT isn't obnoxious loud (except cold starts) but if you do go that route leave a resonator on or you'll deal with real bad drone. Of course everyone will recommend getting aftermarket setup for better tone since no one enjoys loud lol..

Here's mine with everything chopped off (all the way up to mid-cabin) so literally no exhaust. Use the video as a "loudness" reference. Also note this was me barely accerelating.

Youtube Exhaust Clip

Montana Miner

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Muffler delete is obnoxious. both inside and outside. At highway speeds you won’t be able to hear the stereo and the drone will give you a terrible headache

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If you are 16-20 years old, I could see why you'd want to cheap out and do a muffler delete. It's a quick and easy way to make your car loud and obnoxious.

Don't do it.

Save up and get a proper exhaust system. As mentioned above, you might want to change your rear bumper diffuser to that of Sport hatchback model, as it will have an exhaust cutout in the middle.

RedCEXX

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can see everyone's arguments about the muffler delete. Here's my suggestion, because I'm thinking about it myself... Get it done, just the mufflers, leave the resonator. If you hate it, and have the money to get new mufflers, do it. The muffler delete on the LX and EX is barely much length of exhaust on the car. There are some I've seen and heard it done, and it sounds good. Audible, yes, but not as obnoxious as some believe. Delete the resonator, and then yes, that will sound like you belong in a demo derby with no exhaust. I'm 43, so I'm old, what do I know.

I thought this was a good comparison of sounds. I vote to definitely keep the resonator on.

Last edited:

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
What does a " real bad drone " mean?
there's going to be a humming noise that'll persist while you drive. not a pleasant exhaust note, but instead like a loud, deep voiced bee underneath your car.

OP
OP
lx.sequoia

lx.sequoia

First Name
Sequoia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can see everyone's arguments about the muffler delete. Here's my suggestion, because I'm thinking about it myself... Get it done, just the mufflers, leave the resonator. If you hate it, and have the money to get new mufflers, do it. The muffler delete on the LX and EX is barely much length of exhaust on the car. There are some I've seen and heard it done, and it sounds good. Audible, yes, but not as obnoxious as some believe. Delete the resonator, and then yes, that will sound like you belong in a demo derby with no exhaust. I'm 43, so I'm old, what do I know.

I thought this was a good comparison of sounds. I vote to definitely keep the resonator on.
Well I just got my muffler delete but its soooo quiet.

OP
OP
lx.sequoia

lx.sequoia

First Name
Sequoia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
there's going to be a humming noise that'll persist while you drive. not a pleasant exhaust note, but instead like a loud, deep voiced bee underneath your car.
That happens when you get a muffler and resonator delete?

OP
OP
lx.sequoia

lx.sequoia

First Name
Sequoia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Muffler delete if you have CVT isn't obnoxious loud (except cold starts) but if you do go that route leave a resonator on or you'll deal with real bad drone. Of course everyone will recommend getting aftermarket setup for better tone since no one enjoys loud lol..

Here's mine with everything chopped off (all the way up to mid-cabin) so literally no exhaust. Use the video as a "loudness" reference. Also note this was me barely accerelating.

Youtube Exhaust Clip
Mine does not sound like that AT ALL

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
That happens when you get a muffler and resonator delete?
Sometimes - it really depends on a lot of factors. But at least for the 2.0, I've heard some bad things about drone after a muffler/res delete from friends. On my 1.5T stock exhaust, I did a res delete and the drone was bad. Luckily the CTR exhaust fixed that. 😂
Sponsored