Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Is there any way to fix the intake itself? Or are my safe options limited to spending $700+ on getting k tuner and a custom tune or getting the $230 back that map offered me and adding $70 to get a prl short ram
Your best bet is definitely to swap intakes, there is no fixing that one. You can tune for it but the cost just isn't justifiable.
Sponsored

DadBodMod17

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic 4dr Si.
Country flag
Even with the MAP 1+ tune they offered i was frequently seeing LTFT's of +7 and higher... Never felt fully comfortable so I ultimately switched to the PRL CAI. I've got other items from MAP and like GTMan said, they are a really solid company to deal with, but that intake wasn't going to get me where I wanted to go longer term, without more frequent custom tune intervention... I kinda wish PRL would make an intake for our 10th gens similar to their 11th gen. I imagine the induction sounds here are a bit more pronounced (https://prlmotorsports.com/products/2022-honda-civic-1-5t-high-volume-intake-system for the 11th). I could be wrong though.

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Even with the MAP 1+ tune they offered i was frequently seeing LTFT's of +7 and higher... Never felt fully comfortable so I ultimately switched to the PRL CAI. I've got other items from MAP and like GTMan said, they are a really solid company to deal with, but that intake wasn't going to get me where I wanted to go longer term, without more frequent custom tune intervention... I kinda wish PRL would make an intake for our 10th gens similar to their 11th gen. I imagine the induction sounds here are a bit more pronounced (https://prlmotorsports.com/products/2022-honda-civic-1-5t-high-volume-intake-system for the 11th). I could be wrong though.
Wow, that looks great! And they got it CARB approved? Man. I wonder if it can get finagled into the 10th gen bay...
Sponsored