It's Finally Here! The Wunderladen Racing Big Brake Kit!

OP
OP
Austin@Wunderladen Racing
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
all really good info here. I guess a lot of this depends on personal preference, driving style on the track and definitely climate, as to what is a good fit for the person.

The ebc yellows are definitely not for me given how they melt on the track, but seems like the RPX and RP11 may be streetable in warmer climates where im at in socal with track temps easily creeping into the 90s.

I dont really care about dust and noise, as Im used to it with dtc-30s. Rotor wear is a tough choice. If it's the EBC rotors, like 150 a pair, don't mind so much. Stoptech rotors have inflated a lot in price to around 300ish, and they're a pain in butt to order (6 week wait time for rear Si slotted rotors, and maybe that's tentative). Something like 2 piece Paragon rotors are like 850, so that would definitely hurt as a consumable.

Curious if also caliper size has a role in this. Say I am running something like an alcon 6 piston that gives much more pad thickness. Would that allow me to run a softer compound with it melting, say an endless mx-72 or porterfield rs4 (not r4).

Ah yes I actually do go through a lot of rotors actually daily driving my hawk dtc-30s. Start getting some hairline cracks with a year and half even without trackdays on Stoptech slotted rotors.
Caliper size won't really have an effect of wear/life but pad area and volume will (which is kind of tied to caliper size in a sense). More pad area or volume will make the pads last longer, but that won't make them any more fade resistant as that is entirely dependent on the compound.

The main reason I don't recommend capable track pads for long term street use is exactly that, they tear through rotors much faster than street pads do. Track pads will never see enough heat input to get them into their ideal temperature range where they can create a transfer layer on the rotor. At these lower temps the pads work on abrasive friction to stop the car which usually means the rotor gets worn away at an accelerated rate because they're typically softer than the track pads which tend to be very high metal content compounds.

But this is why I like these EBC calipers so much, once the wheel is off the car changing the pads only requires you to remove one bolt and the pads pull right out the top of the caliper! So I daily drive my car on ceramic pads and swap them out the night before I go to the track.
Sponsored

PogFrog1

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Just ordered the Wunderladen kit but I made a big oopsie and forgot to add rotors.

Would it be possible to order a set of 350z front rotors or would I have to source the same ones used in the kit from EBC?

I'd cancel the order and just redo it but the kit is already arriving tomorrow

Thanks all!

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If anyone near South Carolina wants to check I have z1 2 piece rotors they can check

OP
OP
Austin@Wunderladen Racing
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Just ordered the Wunderladen kit but I made a big oopsie and forgot to add rotors.

Would it be possible to order a set of 350z front rotors or would I have to source the same ones used in the kit from EBC?

I'd cancel the order and just redo it but the kit is already arriving tomorrow

Thanks all!
I shot you a response in the other thread, but in case you missed it feel free to reach out!

Curious if the EBC / Wunderladen bbk can use 2 piece rotors like the ones sold at Paragon.

https://paragonbrakes.com/2-piece-rotors-front-nissan-350z/
Yes it will work with the Paragon rotors!

If anyone near South Carolina wants to check I have z1 2 piece rotors they can check
It also works with the Z1 rotors too, I know we have at least 2 customers running them!

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Does anyone are dailying the rpx or rp1? My friends want a new pads for his type r and he daily it. Looking for blue maybe if they those don't squeal much it might consider those.
Sponsored