gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You put the .kdlg datalog file into a compressed .zip file and attach it to a post.

Use the "attach files" button below the text editor.
Sponsored

OP
OP

zman32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic si coupe
Hopefully this works. Sorry it wasnt 30 minutes long but I couldn't at the moment. Im not sure exactly how to run a datalog so it may be screwed up. Let me know if it works and what is going on with the car. If it does not work, what do i need to do to get the correct datalog?

Attachments

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't even have to look. It's only 1.9 kb so it's not a proper file.

LOL! It's literally a one second log.

When you get the time do a proper 30 minute log with a pull or two mixed in. It will give a basic idea of whether or not you have issues --- not just your running rich issue.

As far as rich trims... You've already eliminated injectors and vacuum leaks. It could be a bad 02 or MAF or a few other things.

Last edited:
OP
OP

zman32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic si coupe
Dang it lol. I don’t know how to do it properly what do I need to do or what settings do I need to set in order to do it right.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
All you do on the V2 is "start log" then before you shut off the car "stop log".

Whatever you just did was basically right. It's the right format in a zip file but like I said it was only 1 second. I can honestly say I've never seen anything like it!!

Here's why a one second log is bad. Based on that one second. It looks like you have a boost leak, lousy knock control, rich trims and high IATs. :cool: But not to worry. When you do a proper log, things will look better (hopefully!!).

Honda Civic 10th gen IAT after intake install Screenshot 2024-06-30 181708

Last edited:

OP
OP

zman32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic si coupe
Have you checked your wastegate actuator/spring at all? If the system is venting out more air than it should be, that would definitely cause you to run rich.
Where exactly is that in the car and how do I check it to see if it working properly?

sbace_hamb

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7 EX-T
Country flag
Where exactly is that in the car and how do I check it to see if it working properly?
This thread has some good suggestions and pictures. I don't have a ton of experience personally. But it sounds like once the car has been off for a good few seconds and everything is powered down, you should be able to manually move the actuator and ensure it's coming fully closed at the far left of its range.

Electronic Wastegate Actuator Question | 2016+ Honda Civic Forum (10th Gen) - Type R Forum, Si Forum - CivicX.com

OP
OP

zman32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic si coupe
I don't even have to look. It's only 1.9 kb so it's not a proper file.

LOL! It's literally a one second log.

When you get the time do a proper 30 minute log with a pull or two mixed in. It will give a basic idea of whether or not you have issues --- not just your running rich issue.

As far as rich trims... You've already eliminated injectors and vacuum leaks. It could be a bad 02 or MAF or a few other things.
Alright, try this one now and see if this is any better. I started it while I was on the highway and then halfway through did some pulls and drove around town for a little. Knowing my luck it probably still wont be what you need but hopefully it is.

Attachments

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good job on the log.

So, putting aside the fact that the MAP intake isn't the best, I looked at your log and it actually looks good.

Your knock control was solid and even after multiple pulls didn't go up much. -6, while not perfect is certainly within the acceptable range especially in summer. You're hitting your boost targets, so I wouldn't bother worrying about the wastegate. IATs look OK considering you're running a short ram. The screenshot was from toward the end of your log after multiple pulls.

The red line represents boost
Honda Civic 10th gen IAT after intake install Screenshot 2024-07-01 175121

All good man.

Last edited:
OP
OP

zman32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic si coupe
Good job on the log.

So, putting aside the fact that the MAP intake isn't the best, I looked at your log and it actually looks good.

Your knock control was solid and even after multiple pulls didn't go up much. -6, while not perfect is certainly withing the acceptable range especially in summer. You're hitting your boost targets, so I wouldn't bother worrying about the wastegate. IATs look OK considering you're running a short ram. The screenshot was from the end of your log after multiple pulls.

Screenshot 2024-07-01 175121.png

All good man.
That makes me feel a lot better. Thank you so much man you really helped me out a lot.