First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
Hey there!

I know this must have been asked a thousand of times. I have a big problem heel-toeing on my 2020 civic sport sedan MT (I have a 12 she size). It sucks since the I love the shifter and the feeling of the clutch pedal. I read about this easy solution

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/heel-toe-trouble-in-sport-hatchback.9559/

and I hope this helps.

Are you aware of a better solution for a big-footed guy? Any drawbacks in performing this mod? And do you know why, why why the stock pedal placement is so bad? I mean, it must be from design, what are the freaking benefits to have brake and gas pedal at a complete different level?

Thanks so much :)
Sponsored

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
if you check another youtuber he explained the slight change in heel toe with this 10th gens. No need of pedal relocators or anything. I got acuity pedal spacer and sold it after a week or so. I didn't like the accelerator position at all. I used C but the height was raised and caused issues with natural feel I got used to with all the cars

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
if you check another youtuber he explained the slight change in heel toe with this 10th gens. No need of pedal relocators or anything. I got acuity pedal spacer and sold it after a week or so. I didn't like the accelerator position at all. I used C but the height was raised and caused issues with natural feel I got used to with all the cars
Have a link for the vid?

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
I have all the acuity stuff too and they are top notch quality wise. Only regret with pedal spacer was it kind of raises the throttle pedal and causes your feet to feel unnaturally inclined compared to stock position. I gave it a week or so and yet I couldn't adjust my feet to new position. I also installed the pedal spacer in position C

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I personally haven’t purchased the spacer yet, but I plan on it in the coming weeks. I just bought my Si like a week and a half ago. I actually think I found the video mentioned above, and I’ll try that method next time I drive it. We’ll see what happens.

burgermeister

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 6MT
Country flag
Here is an even cheaper solution... just a piece of .063" 6061 aluminum, pop riveted to the accelerator pedal. This is how the factory stainless pedal cover is attached as well. I added 5/8" of pedal width, and 3/16" of pedal height.

The aluminum got formed by hitting it with a rubber mallet while being supported by some 1 1/4" pipe. I used the factory stainless cover plate as a template.

I use the side of my foot for blipping, and there was just a bit too much lateral gap to the throttle pedal, so occationally I'd miss it. The 'depth' dimension did not seem off by much, so I did not want a significant change in that direction.

I ended up this way because 1) I'm cheap and 2) I had a concern about the pedal relocation strategies, all of which appear to move the pedal 'depth' to some extent. Aside from not wanting to change the pedal depth much, the floor seems to act as a full travel stop. Moving the pedal in the 'depth' direction might make the pedal mechanism act as the full travel stop, and it does not look like it is built to perform that function in the long term.

Honda Civic 10th gen Heel Toe and Pedal Placement IMG_5994.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Heel Toe and Pedal Placement IMG_5999.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Heel Toe and Pedal Placement IMG_5998.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Heel Toe and Pedal Placement IMG_6003.JPG

thetracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FK6 1.0T
Country flag
I added 2 thick washers on each of the two right side mounting points of the accelerator pedal. this brings the pedal closer to the driver and closer to the brake pedal.

Honda Civic 10th gen Heel Toe and Pedal Placement Screenshot_20201112-133248
Sponsored