Has anyone used the Lamin-X Fog Light overlays?

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Any advice on best application - wet versus dry installation
Sponsored

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Was there any issues with the domed shape of the light

Wxguru

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring x2
Country flag
Was there any issues with the domed shape of the light
None at all. I only had to cut off the tabs once I had the film in place. I used an id to smooth down the edges all the way around in the tight places around the housing...just be careful once it is mainly down to not end up with a crease in the film.
Film looks cloudy off the backing, but once in place it is completely clear.

Superfly

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R / 2018 Civic Si Sedan / 2018 Civic Si Coupe / 2018 Acccord 2.0 Touring / 2001 S2000
Country flag
I did a wet install along with a hair dryer. They look great with the lights off but I’ve found them to be slightly green hue at night with the led light behind them.
Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone used the Lamin-X Fog Light overlays? 7DA84104-17B7-4ABE-BF8C-1CBC0B0F7BBA

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i had laminx on my prelude. headlights, fogs and turns. it lasted for years. never faded and its tough

SlyDraco

SlyDraco
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't need any water or heat, but it was warm when I installed them. I cut off one tab and placed that side in first, then the rest and trimmed the other tab off. The fog light trim pulls away far enough that you don't need to remove the bumper by any means.
Now, I put it on my old side markers and it was cold out then, a hair dryer made it real soft and pliable.
I had yellow on the first car, but after about a year and a half, it seemed like it faded a lot. Couldn't tell in the day time, but at night on some fresh white snow, it just didn't seem as yellow after about a year and a half.

TLAPkenn

TLAP Kenn
First Name
Kenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan; 2016 Honda CR-V EX; 1999 Honda CR-V EX (240k+ miles)
Country flag
I previously cracked the fog light on my EX-T last year and it took me a good 2 hours to remove the bumper and replace the fog light housing (without breaking any clips). I also replaced the OEM halogen bulbs with LED bulbs and, in my opinion, too bright. Not wanting to blind other drivers, I applied the Lamin-X protective film (light smoke) on the fog lights to prevent future cracks and to reduce the glare to other drivers. It works great. I highly recommend it. Even if you don't go for a color/yellow tint, having the added protection on the glass fog lights for $15 is a great idea.
Sponsored