Downshifted to 1st doing 75 mph on the highway

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Nope, I got pretty lucky. Compression check was good. I was in VTEC at around 6800 RPM, pulled for 4th, and got 2nd instead. Hit the clutch immediately once the car lurched. It think that I may have actually caught it almost instantly.

That's what happens when a shifter is soft and loose. It might be more effort to shift something notchy and precise, but that precision means that it's a hell of a lot harder to pull for the wrong gear.
Sponsored

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Ouch. But hey count your blessings, you could have had it WAY worse than this. Your car is still moving under its own power and it isnt throwing any codes, which is something to be happy about considering (as people above me said) you were somewhere in the neighborhood of 15,000 RPM. Hope everything's alright once you get it checked out though.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
do a compression test and leak down test

someone's else motor blew couple of months later after a mis shift.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
That motor should have blown through the hood while you went though the windshield.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
My tires immediately locked up, my engine wound up like an F1 car, and I saw the needle buried at 8,000 RPM so I'm 100% certain it was not third.
How fast were you going when you downshifted?

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
If everything written by OP is true and he wasn't under the influence of something else.

If the car is in good condition I suggest the following:

Go to the nearest church and kneel on uncooked rice for an hour. Ask for baptism and donate all your savings to a good cause. Start a new life as a pastor.

Forget about playing lotto because you ran out of luck already. You will never win anything else in your life.

OP
OP
dantwan1

dantwan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
If everything written by OP is true and he wasn't under the influence of something else.

If the car is in good condition I suggest the following:

Go to the nearest church and kneel on uncooked rice for an hour. Ask for baptism and donate all your savings to a good cause. Start a new life as a pastor.

Forget about playing lotto because you ran out of luck already. You will never win anything else in your life.
I never have or will drive under the influence, the car is perfect as far as I can tell, I've done some bouts of spirited driving after the fact a few times and it still has full performance through the rev range. Idle is fine, no noises, no smoke, no lights. I'm lucky as hell.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
I never have or will drive under the influence, the car is perfect as far as I can tell, I've done some bouts of spirited driving after the fact a few times and it still has full performance through the rev range. Idle is fine, no noises, no smoke, no lights. I'm lucky as hell.
In the future if you decide to sell it make sure to include in the description.

Never had been pushed after the redline. HAHAHA

You just killed 100K miles from that odometer. All this years online in forums never seen something like this. Im around since the 90s.

OP
OP
dantwan1

dantwan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
In the future if you decide to sell it make sure to include in the description.

Never had been pushed after the redline. HAHAHA

You just killed 100K miles from that odometer. All this years online in forums never seen something like this. Im around since the 90s.
I've done a 3rd to 2nd in my Accord back in the 90s and that lasted another 100K+, there's a first for everything! 15,000 RPMs and she's still strong, Honda knows how to make engines, that's for sure.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
How in the hell did this even happen you would’ve had to fucking jam it in there really hard with force.