Convert non paddle version to paddle shift?

carh8er

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic
Country flag
Here's a draft of my write up I had agreed to do for getting a kit from Mikstore.

Hope it attaches...
Hey man, I just recently purchased the tcm and paddles from a salvaged car and I'm looking at the pdf you linked, and Im a bit confused on steps 19-24. What is the red wires you used for the up and down shifts specifically coming from? Or is it a separate wire that I should buy?
Sponsored

Precord96FK7

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I had a kit from Mikstore that provided the wires, but it's nothing special or different from you just running your own wires from the harness under the steering column to the tcm.

carh8er

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic
Country flag
I had a kit from Mikstore that provided the wires, but it's nothing special or different from you just running your own wires from the harness under the steering column to the tcm.
Ah okay, tysm. It also says in your document on step 19 "There are no wired pins in harness for the black (ground) pins for both +/‐ (Up/Down), you will need to find a suitable ground spot to ground them." Where did you ground them, and did you do anything special for this?

Precord96FK7

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Ah okay, tysm. It also says in your document on step 19 "There are no wired pins in harness for the black (ground) pins for both +/‐ (Up/Down), you will need to find a suitable ground spot to ground them." Where did you ground them, and did you do anything special for this?
I ended up just grounding the negative for both shifters together on the steering wheel itself. If I recall I grounded them to the existing ground screw on the steering wheel.

Gien97

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.8L E 2020 R18Z1 (FC6) Southeast Asian
Country flag
Any way to install it on a Non-Turbo 10th gen if i have a kit? On a R18Z1 engine Civic FC6

Edaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Coupe (1.5T)
Country flag
Ever get this setup and working? What year and trim do you drive?

carh8er

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic
Country flag
Hey, I still haven't had the time to do it, the car is my daily. I've been meaning to work on it but I personally haven't done any wiring work before, and I don't really wanna mess something up, especially with grounding stuff. I have all the parts I should need so hopefully I can get to it soon and make another write-up for those who might be interested. To answer your question though, I drive an 18' lxp with the 2.0L, I'm sure that the process should be the same as long as you get the correct parts for your engine/trans.

honorablefk7

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
plan on purchasing all the parts soon and doing it myself. i'll reply to this if/when i get it done. i have a 2018 EX hatch for reference.

Gien97

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey, I still haven't had the time to do it, the car is my daily. I've been meaning to work on it but I personally haven't done any wiring work before, and I don't really wanna mess something up, especially with grounding stuff. I have all the parts I should need so hopefully I can get to it soon and make another write-up for those who might be interested. To answer your question though, I drive an 18' lxp with the 2.0L, I'm sure that the process should be the same as long as you get the correct parts for your engine/trans.
Does the 2.0L lx have a TCP? Because mine doesn't have one that's the Filipino version of the Civic 10th gen R18Z1.

Gien97

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sure on the parts #s, it was both paddles, the small harness from the paddles to clock spring, the two positive and negative wires in loom for both Left/Right shifters, and the rear steering wheel trim (wrong part). I can dm you the pdf that I made for the install.

I swapped in TCMs and that's what made the shifters active. No programming.
Can you dm me the pdf?

Gien97

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You guys know where to pin the wires for R18Z1? after removing the grey plug?