First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s not that expensive for a kit. You can get a 9th gen kit for 2200 from humble performance. The fabrication and cutting is going to be the hardest part. Anyone talking about cost is just being dumb cause modding your car is a hobby. Hobbies are unreasonably expensive and not an investment. If you’re weighing the cost/value of mods you shouldn’t be modding your car to begin with. If you wanna mod your car, do what you want regardless of cost because at the end of the day it’s your hobby not an investment.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s not that expensive for a kit. You can get a 9th gen kit for 2200 from humble performance. The fabrication and cutting is going to be the hardest part. Anyone talking about cost is just being dumb cause modding your car is a hobby. Hobbies are unreasonably expensive and not an investment. If you’re weighing the cost/value of mods you shouldn’t be modding your car to begin with. If you wanna mod your car, do what you want regardless of cost because at the end of the day it’s your hobby not an investment.
Stop being a bad financial influence lol

Joesterslim

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe Rally Red, 1992 Honda Accord EX
Country flag
They do make an AWD Civic, its called the Acura ILX

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
If you had to stay Honda for some reason, may be better getting a crosstour and stuffing an Si or Type R engine in it.

Connorsrandom

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I hope you all know that I’m in agreement that it would be a pricey and difficult alteration. Was really just curious if it had been done.
I really am in love with the Civic styling though. So as fun as an STI or GolfR would be, it would have to be an additional car for me and that’s not in the books right now.
I agree. I'm in love with my civic and don't want anything else but I do want the AWD feel and driveability. I hope someone gives it a shot so I know what cost would look like cause i'd be more interested to AWD swap then buy a subaru (no hate just not my preferrence.)

Joesterslim

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I agree. I'm in love with my civic and don't want anything else but I do want the AWD feel and driveability. I hope someone gives it a shot so I know what cost would look like cause i'd be more interested to AWD swap then buy a subaru (no hate just not my preferrence.)
Why bother when you can just get the new Acura TLX with the 2.0T and AWD?

Have you ever actually pushed an AWD? Its for amateur drivers, no professional on-road racing series is AWD, what does that tell you?

KingOfBrussels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si sedan
Country flag
Have you ever actually pushed an AWD? Its for amateur drivers, no professional on-road racing series is AWD, what does that tell you?
This is one of the stupider things I've read recently. Rally cars are awd, their driving off road doesn't make their professional drivers less professional, and there are these little things called tarmac rallies where they drive...wait for it...on roads. Not to mention all those road racing wins Nissan GT-Rs had back in the day. Come on now.

:spaz:

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Are you are professional race car driver? I mean, let's be real, we're all amateurs.

Joesterslim

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is one of the stupider things I've read recently. Rally cars are awd, their driving off road doesn't make their professional drivers less professional, and there are these little things called tarmac rallies where they drive...wait for it...on roads. Not to mention all those road racing wins Nissan GT-Rs had back in the day. Come on now.

:spaz:
The FWD type r is smashing any AWD cars competing in TCR racing series as well as the SI. Rally cars drive OFFROAD not on road so like I said no professional ONROAD racing series is AWD... AWD does not handle better its only real advantage is off the line traction...

Are you are professional race car driver? I mean, let's be real, we're all amateurs.
I have been to a few class at Skip Barber Racing School at Lime Rock Park. This year they are even using the civic hatchback to train new drivers...

I work as a salesman in a Honda dealership and you know who says, " I need all wheel drive "??
The moms, and the grandmas... The ones who scare me the most on test drives are the ones who " need all wheel drive "

People have been driving for decades in the snow and ice WITHOUT all wheel drive

KingOfBrussels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si sedan
Country flag
The FWD type r is smashing any AWD cars competing in TCR racing series as well as the SI. Rally cars drive OFFROAD not on road so like I said no professional ONROAD racing series is AWD... AWD does not handle better its only real advantage is off the line traction...
When you say some dumb shit and somebody tells you why it's dumb, it's best not to double down on the same dumb shit you started with.

I already told you there are rallies on roads, I shouldn't have to repeat myself. But fine. Some rallies are held...ON ROADS.

Do you know how the Nissan GT-R got its Godzilla nickname? Because it kept kicking the ass of other cars that weren't awd at the Bathurst 1000. A race which is held...ON A ROAD COURSE.

Honda Civic 10th gen Convert FWD to AWD??? Richards_Skaife_1991_Bathurst_Skyline_GTR

But noooo....according to you, a guy who's been to a few Skip Barber classes, these pro drivers aren't pros and awd is for amateurs.

Yes, the Si and Type-R are great handling fwd cars. They're great for what they are, but that doesn't mean fwd is inherently better than awd. Guess what? There are good and bad cars in fwd, awd, and rwd layouts. Which wheels are connected to the engine is far from the only thing that determines whether a car is or isn't a good performance car.

Please don't double down on dumb again.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
I have been to a few class at Skip Barber Racing School at Lime Rock Park.
So, you're an amateur, just like the other 99.9999999% of us. Don't fight it, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Connorsrandom

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Why bother when you can just get the new Acura TLX with the 2.0T and AWD?

It tells me that its perfect for me lol. I am far from a professional driver.
Sponsored