2016 Honda civic safety systems not working ( lights on dash )

Dadzcivic

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic ex
Country flag
Hello all,
has anyone removed the windshield camera on there civic. Getting a bunch of lights on my dash . Dealer says the camera needs to be replaced and they are not sure if the windshield gets replaced while doing it . Sounds odd. The safety features aren’t working but sometimes they are . I feel like it’s a bad wire . Trying to find a step by step removal of the camera on YouTube with no luck . Attached is the dealer write up.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda civic safety systems not working ( lights on dash ) image
Sponsored

KensBlueGenX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 1.5l MT HB Sport
Country flag
A U3000-49 is for a failed radar unit (located behind the driver side front fog light garnish in the bumper) not for the windshield mounted camera. Something is getting lost in the messaging somewhere.

OP
OP

Dadzcivic

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic ex
Country flag
A U3000-49 is for a failed radar unit (located behind the driver side front fog light garnish in the bumper) not for the windshield mounted camera. Something is getting lost in the messaging somewhere.
I removed the black protective cover and everything looked ok. (I wonder why the dealer told me it’s the camera ) I was thinking maybe a mouse chewed the wire but saw no signs of it .

OP
OP

Dadzcivic

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic ex
Country flag
Why do you have two posts on the same subject??

Replied in the other one.
also,
Had it under pricing and ordering , this one is in repairs etc. thought I’d get a little more help and suggestions
Sponsored