First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Hi all,

I recently had the FK8 pump replaced with a Deatschwerks 300c 340LPH Compact Fuel Pump. The reason for this is because I've been getting a few P0087 fuel rail/system pressure low errors and the car just wont start and someone recommended I change the aforementioned part.

A local garage installed the pump today. No issues to begin with, MPG readings seemed find and the fuel gauge level read approx 2/3's of a tank left, which was correct.

Got back in the car later, after driving for a few minutes I noticed the fuel gauge had dropped to about 1/4 of fuel in the tank! The MPG readings on the dash was also dropping at an alarming rate, much much faster than when I had the OEM pump in.

The car has had a number of mods, which have been in installed in the car for about 2 years:

PRL HVI
PRL Inlet pipe
PRL Intercooler
Milltek Catback non-res

THe car had a basemap put on it Jan 2023.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is there something I need to do to 'reset' the fuel readings?

Thanks all
Sponsored

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
have them take the pump assembly back out and make sure the float isnt touching anything. fuel gauge takes a minute to get proper readings.

OP
OP
Highlander01

Highlander01

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
have them take the pump assembly back out and make sure the float isnt touching anything. fuel gauge takes a minute to get proper readings.
Thanks. I disconnected the battery yesterday. Although the fuel range is still inaccurate (says I have have 50 miles left, on a full tank) the numbers aren't dropping at an alarming rate. The gauge is still broken:

Honda Civic 10th gen '19 FK8 - MPG and fuel gauge issues unnamed

OP
OP
Highlander01

Highlander01

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Got it sorted. It was a cable from the pump that wasn’t connected properly and the float wasn’t operating properly.

Thanks for the advice, romeoridgee.
Sponsored