Itsawgood

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si energy green
Country flag
Trying to figure out what happened to my yellow paint I know this came with yellow, You guys think he painted over it I didn't know when you buy those if they go over top of this design or is the design painted

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The original ones comes paint-matched to the car on 2020-2021 models. So blue ones come with blue painted trim, yellow ones come with yellow trim, etc. On 2017-2019 models, they are all black w/o those boomerangs.

Looks like the previous owner either swapped the whole vent piece out for one that came on a black car, or they painted over the original yellow one. Either way, looks like you are SOL. You'll want to order new ones if you wanted the yellow back. Or find a good shop that can paint the ones you have.

OP
OP
Itsawgood

Itsawgood

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si energy green
Country flag
That's cool I didn't know if they could just paint over what is on there, I figured those pieces were something that was added on over that piece but they appreciate your information that's what I was looking for thank you

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The finish looks dull. If not wrapped, it could be plastidip, which is like a spray on wrap that is also peelable. Otherwise, it is painted.

Bigboss

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic sport hatchback cvt
Country flag
Thanks for the zoom in on the garnishes on the second pic , we couldn’t see it was infact not yellow from the first pic

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
Thanks for the zoom in on the garnishes on the second pic , we couldn’t see it was infact not yellow from the first pic
The zoom in is to potentially help in identifying if it's painted or a cover/shroud.
Sponsored