Whats your highest mileage on Type r?

• Thread starter Deleted member 54128
  • Start date
  • Watchers 11
OP
OP

Deleted member 54128

Thanks. No one With 150000 miles and More?
Sponsored

gxl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R PMM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I could have sworn seeing a Type R with over 100,000 miles, but I don't remember where that was posted. Not sure if anyone hit 150k miles yet.

@gtman do you happen to know? I know you keep specifically a tuned list of cars, but just checking.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
I could have sworn seeing a Type R with over 100,000 miles, but I don't remember where that was posted. Not sure if anyone hit 150k miles yet.

@gtman do you happen to know? I know you keep specifically a tuned list of cars, but just checking.
Go back a few posts and you’ll see someone with 134,000 miles.

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2023 Indian Sport Chief
Country flag
2019, about 45k miles. So far oil changes, tires, rear pads/rotors/calipers/actuators. So far so good otherwise. Front brakes are due soon, less for me to break on those I hope. :)

RTC975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type-R
Country flag
Just crossed 60k. Valve cover gasket was an issue in the first 20k. Drivers door lock actuator is dying and my hvac blend door hunts around a bit randomly with some clicking sounds. I'll be replacing both this summer. Pretty much it other than maintenance items.

nicola404

First Name
Nicola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, FK8 2017
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hello at all
my 2017 Type R has currently 171’000 km on it
i own the car since April 2018 (bought with 1'500 km) and drive it in winter and summer
i drive a lot on the Autobahn -> to work, about 600 km per week
till today, i’ve never had any problem with the car - none at all!

in summer i drive a lot on mountain passes in the Swiss Alps
on a daily drive, i drive normally and not with high RPM
you definitely can say, that i take care of my car and don't treat it like a bi***
from this i can also explain, why i’ve not had any problems and only had to replace a few parts

the service i’ve done, according all to the maintenance interval and where done by my local Honda dealer
on average, this results in a service about every 20'000 km
till today, i’ve replaced the following parts:
1x completely new brake setup at front and rear (OEM brake discs + Endless MX72 brake pads // done at about 137'000 km)
4x brake fluid changed
1x new OEM spark plugs (done at about 118'000 km)
1x transmission oil changed (at about 100'000 km)

i drive a lot on the Autobahn and not in the city - this is why my brakes are less used then others
since i drive without cruise control, the rear brakes are not much different then the front axle
nothing of transmission, engine or clutch has been replaced or changed so far
no problems with valve cover gasket, no missshift (Acuity shifter), no leak in climatic...
i installed very early in my build history a dual catch can kit from Radium Engineering, which protects the engine a bit and also collects oil
which may also make a difference: i always fill up with 98 octane
as for fuel consumption, in the beginning i used to average about 6.9 L / 100 km - now it's about 7.2 L / 100 km

my dealer told me, that some cars in Poland already have 200'000 km and more - still running without major problems

other parts of my car are listed in my vehicle showcase

OP
OP

Deleted member 54128

Thanks. Which Engine oil do you use? Always the same? 20000 kilometres intervalls? Very good Performance.

Cody FKH8R

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
2020 and just hit 9,000 miles. Only issue is infotainment being a complete and total turd sandwich

OP
OP

Deleted member 54128

Honda oem 0W20? I think this Engine is very good With every engine oil.
Sponsored