What did you do to your Type R today?

Zipsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R, 2016 BMW i8
Country flag
I ordered a TDS meter so I can measure the total dissolved solids in my rinse water. Based on this, I can determine what kind of filtration/de-ionizer I should go with...or if I should just get distilled water every time instead.
I have the CR Spotless Deionized Water System. A bit costly to buy and replace the resin, but not having to wipe the car down after washing it with a power washer is wonderful.

Z.
Sponsored

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag

FK_8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR 187
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

SpicyMcFatburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1976 Datsun 280Z
Country flag
As far as I could tell, the SottoZero 3 are also the only winter tires available in the UK for the stock wheel size. I couldn't see why they were ridiculously expensive compared to the same tire in 19" sizes till I noticed the 20" ones have "L" on the end of the spec, which is apparently because they're meant for Lamborghinis. When I spoke to my local tire dealer, I didn't even mention that but he said straight off that they were for Lambos and because of that Pirelli bump the price up so he wouldn't recommend going for those tires unless I have a lot of spare cash I want to get rid of. That's why they are well over ÂŁ400 each, where the 19" version of the same tire with a taller profile is something like ÂŁ220 cheaper per wheel which is just about enough to buy a cheap set of 19" wheels so it's roughly break-even on going down to 19" now, but come time to replace the tires I won't have to buy the wheels again so it will be much cheaper in the long run. Plus a bit more protection from potholes too with 19", which is a bonus for the winter.

The disappointing thing about this is that my Honda dealer checked and Honda UK don't seem to have any official plan for winter wheels/tires, so you have to sort it out yourself. Most of the UK, at least in the South, doesn't get a great deal of snow most winters, but it's certainly wet and cold enough to benefit from winter tires as we will get plenty of days when it's icy.
I never knew that about why they were so expensive. I just figured a 20" winter tire wasn't common so they priced it according to demand. The stock wheels are probably going to be my winter set anyway, as I want to run 18s or 19s during the warmer months so I can get more tire and better pothole protection then. I live in an area with a fair bit of snow, and the roads aren't horrible with potholes and bumps during the winter because they're usually filled in with hard packed snow, haha.

Overall, I'm happy with the tires after two days, they're perfectly fine, if not a bit squishier than the stock tires.

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
I live in an area with a fair bit of snow, and the roads aren't horrible with potholes and bumps during the winter because they're usually filled in with hard packed snow, haha.
Yes that makes sense. Sadly here we'll have much more rain than we will snow, so all we get are potholes that are full of water so you can't tell how deep they are, or sometimes even a large section of road that's all under water so you don't even know the pothole is there till you drop a wheel in it.
:confused:

Last winter, there was a flood in the village where the local BMW bike dealer is and we'd taken a different route in to avoid it as we went in for a browse round the showroom (plus free tea and biscuits of course), and one of the salesman said a guy had picked up a brand new GS 1200 the day before and decided to ride out through the flooded area by going round the end of a barrier that was there to stop people doing exactly that, then found out the hard way that a two foot square drain cover had been blown out by the flooding, leaving a hole which he couldn't see as it was under the water and his front wheel went into it, shooting him over the bars and destroying the front end of the bike. Always a bit of a hazard with flooded roads, as you can only imagine the damage dropping into something like that would do to the CTR wheels!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I have the CR Spotless Deionized Water System. A bit costly to buy and replace the resin, but not having to wipe the car down after washing it with a power washer is wonderful.

Z.
I'm looking at getting the CR SPotless DI-120 for just that reason... I can't count the number of times the car gets drizzled on while clean...if I had some clean water to just quickly rinse off the rain water, I could keep it cleaner longer.
As it is, with the ceramic coating, Distilled water rinse, and leaf-blower dry, I can go about a week between washes before the dust/dew/birds get to it and force my hand.

I'll start a new thread on the topic(Black Friday!!!), but know of anywhere to get the DI120 cheaper than $250?

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
I'm looking at getting the CR SPotless DI-120 for just that reason... I can't count the number of times the car gets drizzled on while clean...if I had some clean water to just quickly rinse off the rain water, I could keep it cleaner longer.
As it is, with the ceramic coating, Distilled water rinse, and leaf-blower dry, I can go about a week between washes before the dust/dew/birds get to it and force my hand.

I'll start a new thread on the topic(Black Friday!!!), but know of anywhere to get the DI120 cheaper than $250?
That's a good idea Brian...start the thread, so I can learn more from you guys :thumbsup:

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
That's a good idea Brian...start the thread, so I can learn more from you guys :thumbsup:
I started the thread in the Marketplace section. Just thought we should have a good spot to make each other aware of Black Friday deals we may have missed or whatnot.

Pyru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Prelude, 2017 CTR
Country flag
Finally got a chance to install these items.

Clear markers:
02258950-6002-4D10-B599-7310DFF01ACA.jpeg
They look good on the car. I was surprised, contrary what is written on Internet, this set is exactly the same shape & clips as the one found in the car. Didn’t have to cut anything.

Sticker:
D65ED426-3EDE-46DF-8155-77CCA3024C93.jpeg
Got one in a lucky day, OEM one. Looks good :thumbsup:
Where did you got that oem sticker???

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From one fellow owner that was selling them online at the US CTR owners club in Facebook.
For a guy that quit FB years ago, can you post a link or hook a brother up with an e-mail to order? Thanks in advance Night Fury! And perhaps a link to the clear side markers? <fist-bump/bro-hug>

bbqman

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR,CTR,996 GT3,EVO X GSR, M3,Ek SIR,EP3 SIR,S2K,Micra Cup
Today I drove my CTR in subzero- (-7c) weather- did a uturn leaving work- heard the LSD hard at work.....weird as I only felt that before in my track car with a Kaaz.
Otherwise, gonna wash it, cover it and store it this weekend.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I feel for you guys up north that have to store your FK8's for the winter because this turbo LOVES the IAT down around 35-40 degrees (as long as the roads are dry & the tires have time to warm up). Can't wait to see what the FK8 thinks of the Eventuri box + winter temps (assuming it gets stateside in Jan/Feb '18).
Sponsored