What did you do to your Type R today?

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
I'm starting to drive my Type R a little more each day now and my 2020 still hasn't reached the 5K mark yet. This morning some fool in an Infiniti Fat-Round butt QX50 was tailgating me through a school zone. After we left the zone I dusted his ass. Crazy Friday drivers who wished they knew how to drive a manual.

Anyhow, I enjoy driving my car and leaving fools like that to ever wonder how it would be like to drive a real car.

As for the new 11th Gen Type R's this is my honest opinion. I hope that folks who are looking to upgrade from their FK8 refrain from paying markup over MSRP and for those who did I hope they learned their lesson and perhaps they will break even on the trade. As for those patient, wise and lucky folks who did pay MSRP and will pay MSRP, you will for sure come-out with some profit in the pocket. I still don't doubt that newbies or impulsive buyers will still fall into that trap and pay markup over MSRP and then later on falling upside down on their loans because they paid more than what the car is actually worth.

Vteclover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 civic si
Country flag
I'm starting to drive my Type R a little more each day now and my 2020 still hasn't reached the 5K mark yet. This morning some fool in an Infiniti Fat-Round butt QX50 was tailgating me through a school zone. After we left the zone I dusted his ass. Crazy Friday drivers who wished they knew how to drive a manual.

Anyhow, I enjoy driving my car and leaving fools like that to ever wonder how it would be like to drive a real car.

As for the new 11th Gen Type R's this is my honest opinion. I hope that folks who are looking to upgrade from their FK8 refrain from paying markup over MSRP and for those who did I hope they learned their lesson and perhaps they will break even on the trade. As for those patient, wise and lucky folks who did pay MSRP and will pay MSRP, you will for sure come-out with some profit in the pocket. I still don't doubt that newbies or impulsive buyers will still fall into that trap and pay markup over MSRP and then later on falling upside down on their loans because they paid more than what the car is actually worth.
Same thing this morning when I drive my wife to work at the red light there is a ram truck on left hand lane when the lights go green he floor it and passed me then he cut over my lane so I change to left hand lane and the dumbass cut back on my side in front of me when both lane merge on the highway, so I figured he wants to have some fun, during the turn on the highway I zip past him on the slow lane and merge on the highway and take the fast lane to catch up with the traffic ahead and I slow down to the speed limit parallel with the group of slow vehicle beside me for about 20 second or so, then I speed up and change to slow lane and watch the dumbass pass me, saw his piss off face as he passed and he didn't cut over, he just keep going 😆😆

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Same thing this morning when I drive my wife to work at the red light there is a ram truck on left hand lane when the lights go green he floor it and passed me then he cut over my lane so I change to left hand lane and the dumbass cut back on my side in front of me when both lane merge on the highway, so I figured he wants to have some fun, during the turn on the highway I zip past him on the slow lane and merge on the highway and take the fast lane to catch up with the traffic ahead and I slow down to the speed limit parallel with the group of slow vehicle beside me for about 20 second or so, then I speed up and change to slow lane and watch the dumbass pass me, saw his piss off face as he passed and he didn't cut over, he just keep going 😆😆
I too was with my wife this morning because I had to pick her up from work. Funny how these things seem to happen when you’re driving around with the wifeys!! 😆

The knucklehead behind me must have been triggered somehow. Maybe wife wouldn’t allow him to get a real car so instead he’s stuck to an unpopular choice which happened to be hers. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Moral of the story- avoid Fridays whenever your wife needs a ride to or from work. Time to call for an Uber.

Vteclover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 civic si
Country flag
I too was with my wife this morning because I had to pick her up from work. Funny how these things seem to happen when you’re driving around with the wifeys!! 😆

The knucklehead behind me must have been triggered somehow. Maybe wife wouldn’t allow him to get a real car so instead he’s stuck to an unpopular choice which happened to be hers. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Moral of the story- avoid Fridays whenever your wife needs a ride to or from work. Time to call for an Uber.
It's seems not only on Friday for me but every day that I drive for the past couple of year, at least 1 dumb dumb a day, its like it was started after the covid vaccines shot that when I noticed people do weird stuff when they are driving, cutting over 2 lane at almost 90* turn to exit the highway, like what the f..., Where does all this people come from, sorry for my be-atching, just letting my steam out 😔😔

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's seems not only on Friday for me but every day that I drive for the past couple of year, at least 1 dumb dumb a day, its like it was started after the covid vaccines shot that when I noticed people do weird stuff when they are driving, cutting over 2 lane at almost 90* turn to exit the highway, like what the f..., Where does all this people come from, sorry for my be-atching, just letting my steam out 😔😔
This is my theory but I think the vaccines brought out rage in some individuals. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 06C8FB1E-8797-4718-9FA9-B9EF71EAE624

Spotted in Noda in Charlotte last night. Love the TC4s and exposed HKS on whoever owns the CBP. Haven’t gotten much done due to starting a part time MS chem eng program while still working the day job 😩. Someday I’ll get to have more fun.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Used my broken Type R wing to hold open my buddies hood when changing the brakes on his Corvette.

Quite stylish I must say! Wonderful bend to it gives a pleasant aesthetic to an otherwise mundane area.

What did we learn?

Even a Chevy can benefit from even discarded pieces of a Type R (and be better for it)

Behold!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 4CE99D0E-13D1-401A-8D21-7F653AFDE405

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 46E0EEA4-CB2A-4CCB-9DCE-6E966A9ABBED

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
06C8FB1E-8797-4718-9FA9-B9EF71EAE624.jpeg

Spotted in Noda in Charlotte last night. Love the TC4s and exposed HKS on whoever owns the CBP. Haven’t gotten much done due to starting a part time MS chem eng program while still working the day job 😩. Someday I’ll get to have more fun.
I did my MBA with a full time job and three kids (2 under the age of 4 at the time), you can do it. Although its probably nowhere near as difficult as an MS in chem eng hah.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Used my broken Type R wing to hold open my buddies hood when changing the brakes on his Corvette.

Quite stylish I must say! Wonderful bend to it gives a pleasant aesthetic to an otherwise mundane area.

What did we learn?

Even a Chevy can benefit from even discarded pieces of a Type R (and be better for it)

Behold!

4CE99D0E-13D1-401A-8D21-7F653AFDE405.jpeg

46E0EEA4-CB2A-4CCB-9DCE-6E966A9ABBED.jpeg
I am still scratching my head as to why car manufacturers still continue to use prop rods on many of their vehicles including our beloved FK8s. Maybe we should start some petition to replace all prop rods with pneumatic rods OR this very creative carbon fiber wing (for weight reduction). 😂

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I did my MBA with a full time job and three kids (2 under the age of 4 at the time), you can do it. Although its probably nowhere near as difficult as an MS in chem eng hah.
I’m going to be PMing you very soon about how you juggled that. That’s insane to me you having a family and being able to complete the masters while working FT. Only taking one class a semester until I’m able to get reimbursed for two per semester.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am still scratching my head as to why car manufacturers still continue to use prop rods on many of their vehicles including our beloved FK8s. Maybe we should start some petition to replace all prop rods with pneumatic rods OR this very creative carbon fiber wing (for weight reduction). 😂
Me wuv deez:

Redline Tuning Quicklift Elite
Sponsored