First Name
Zaed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I drive a 2017 civic touring and for a short while I’ve been hearing a weird sound coming from (I think) the front driver side wheel. It only happens when I brake towards the end of the stop. You can hear the sound in this video: . It’s almost like a grinding noise? Not sure how to describe it.

A few days ago, I took it in to the dealer to have them do a brake inspection because that’s where I thought the problem may be. I explained the sound in person and they told me they would look at it. A technician came to me a while later and said the rear rotor(s) were grooving, but it was an issue Honda knew about and issued a warranty replacement for them back in August 2019. So, I got both rear rotors replaced for free and was also told my pads and rotors are still in okay condition for about another year or so (I drive mostly city). I figured that was that and went on my way.

However, the sound persists, and I’m a little worried. It’s my first car so I don’t know much, but it doesn’t sound normal to me. My only idea is that there’s a mechanic my dads takes his Acura to for rust proofing and other small jobs, so maybe I could get a second opinion. But has anyone else experienced something like this before? Any advice would help. I’m all for trying things out myself if it isn’t too difficult as well.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
probably the braking hardware is scraping against rotor. check those clips and pry outward by a little amount

Mahdi99

First Name
Hassanain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I drive a 2017 civic touring and for a short while I’ve been hearing a weird sound coming from (I think) the front driver side wheel. It only happens when I brake towards the end of the stop. You can hear the sound in this video: . It’s almost like a grinding noise? Not sure how to describe it.

A few days ago, I took it in to the dealer to have them do a brake inspection because that’s where I thought the problem may be. I explained the sound in person and they told me they would look at it. A technician came to me a while later and said the rear rotor(s) were grooving, but it was an issue Honda knew about and issued a warranty replacement for them back in August 2019. So, I got both rear rotors replaced for free and was also told my pads and rotors are still in okay condition for about another year or so (I drive mostly city). I figured that was that and went on my way.

However, the sound persists, and I’m a little worried. It’s my first car so I don’t know much, but it doesn’t sound normal to me. My only idea is that there’s a mechanic my dads takes his Acura to for rust proofing and other small jobs, so maybe I could get a second opinion. But has anyone else experienced something like this before? Any advice would help. I’m all for trying things out myself if it isn’t too difficult as well.

Thanks in advance.
Did you end up fixing it what was it? I have a 2017 civic ex and it does the same thing

jssajan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic
Did you end up fixing it what was it? I have a 2017 civic ex and it does the same thing
Any luck finding out the cause for this sound? Having the same issues with 2017 civic lx. Any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored