USTCC Start - The 10th Gen is quite good.

RHMS

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SPB(2x), 350z, Si
Hey everyone! I forgot to post this video from the USTCC season opener at Thunderhill. My 10th gen performed exceptionally well. I was the fastest in every session, qualified on pole, and led the Sportmans class from start to finish to secure the win. I also had a repeat weekend with USTCC at Sonoma--fastest in all sessions and took the win.

The video is from the start of the first round. It was an interesting start for sure. I am not too familiar with standing starts so this was a bit of a first (most races are rolling starts). The car is coming together nicely and I have few more ideas/additions I would like to do to the car. But those will wait until after NASA Nationals at Laguna Seca. NASA SpeedNews did choose me to win the Honda Challenge H2 class. So hopefully the 10th gen will be in strong form.

Sponsored

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey everyone! I forgot to post this video from the USTCC season opener at Thunderhill. My 10th gen performed exceptionally well. I was the fastest in every session, qualified on pole, and led the Sportmans class from start to finish to secure the win. I also had a repeat weekend with USTCC at Sonoma--fastest in all sessions and took the win.

The video is from the start of the first round. It was an interesting start for sure. I am not too familiar with standing starts so this was a bit of a first (most races are rolling starts). The car is coming together nicely and I have few more ideas/additions I would like to do to the car. But those will wait until after NASA Nationals at Laguna Seca. NASA SpeedNews did choose me to win the Honda Challenge H2 class. So hopefully the 10th gen will be in strong form.

Great job. What mods do you have?

OP
OP
RHMS

RHMS

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SPB(2x), 350z, Si
It started out as a TCA car. But I have added abit more to it:
-PRL Intake
-PRL Intake pipe
-Larger intercooler
-ASR Rear Swaybar
-Clutchmasters clutch

There are a number of things I still want to do. I have a flex fuel kit on it but that is currently not used. I need to find a good tuner. The Hondata OTS tune didnt work quite well. I also want a different turbo. The current powerband is, imo, not so good. It delivers plenty of torque but not much power. So it requires alot of shifting. USTCC class limit for the car is 240hp. I dynoed 225. However, it has an insane amount of torque. But calculations suggest the optium shift points leave alot of RPM unusable. Currently I am stuck using the factory turbo because Honda Challenge requires the factory turbo be used. However, I am the at the point where swapping turbos out will work (its a very simple process on this car). I need to start reaching out to some knowledgable tuners on a good approach for next season.

A few pictures of the car at Sonoma.

Honda Civic 10th gen USTCC Start - The 10th Gen is quite good. 285481579_434614885334688_6979383240412737676_n

Honda Civic 10th gen USTCC Start - The 10th Gen is quite good. 285443020_434614862001357_9014153107294366728_n