Using Motul 300v for track day only?

cgessey

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Hello everyone. This is my first post in CivicX. I recently picked up a 2019 Type R, and plan to take it to some local track days this year. I want to make sure I am maintaining the car as best I can with driving it harder than usual, and was looking into using Motul 300v oil for the event. I would normally run an oil like Motul 8100 when daily driving and was wondering if briefly running the high performance oil for the track day , and going right back to the 8100 would cause any conflict?
Sponsored

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
I'll leave whether that effort is actually worth doing to someone else who tracks...

Both are synthetic

The Motul 300V technical datasheet recommendations just says

"For optimal engine performances avoid mixing with other synthetic or mineral lubricants."

https://www.motul.com/en-CA/products/13605?product=MOTUL+300V+POWER+0W-20

whereas 8100 POWER sheet says

"MOTUL 8100 POWER 0W-20 can be mixed with synthetic or mineral oils."

Note that there are various types of 8100, include Eco this and that.
I've pointed out 8100 POWER... the others may differ in some way.

So my reading is that having any 8100 in there, is just going to (in some small way) dilute the supposed performance benefits of 300V. I doubt this would be meaningful for the odd track day...

It does not seem there would be any incompatibility that would turn your engine to chewing gum

But if you really want the full answer, you should probably talk to Motul directly or your local Motul reseller/distributor ?

plresultsman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R - New to me on 3/13/2023
Country flag
FWIW, I have run Motul 600 all summer for 6-7 track days and summer daily. Putting an oil in and out for track days seems like a lot of work, unless you love DIY stuff. My dealer does two oil changes a year for me. One mid-summer and again in November just before storage.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Based on my research the go-to do-it-all brake fluid is Castrol SRF. It's got a high wet and dry boiling point, plus 18 month service life. From what I've seen on the BMW side, guys usually do a full bleed once at start of season for HPDE.
Sponsored