The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
A day in the life of gtman...

"Hey gtman answer all my tuning questions. Help me with a check engine light. Read my datalogs. Save me time. Save me money".

Me: "Sure thing, I'll help the best I can."

"Thanks for helping out."

Me: No prob. When you get a chance add your car to my community tuning thread."

"Hell no. Too much work."

And so it goes.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the purpose of a forum was to get help, not to help.
I'm tired of always editing everything I say here. Needing to not "offend" anyone. And mind you I'm big into the idea of online communities. I started my first of many back in 1998.

The way a niche community like this is supposed to work is people sharing and people helping. Teamwork. These days there's just a lot of help ME, give ME, me me me.

Do you know how irritating it is to help everyone and when I ask them to give back to our community, they walk away or ignore it? They may as well just give me the finger. Classless.

We still have a small core group of people here that get it. But, 95% of new people joining here are only here for themselves. So sad.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know what to say, other than you're absolutely right.
I hear you. It's sad it's come to this.

What's extra hard for me is unlike my own car forum, I can't really promote this they way I could. If I had my way, there would be a link to the thread on the CivicX main page. I've suggested a "Featured Topics" page to the CivicX admin where all the best pinned topics would be linked on that page. No luck.

Last edited:

delayedend

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hyundai Kona N, 17 Civic Coupe Touring (Sold)
Country flag
...I've suggested a "Featured Topics" page to the CivicX admin where all the best pinned topics would be linked on that page. No luck.
I think the owners of CivicX are taking a much more hands off approach than they used to. I remember in the early 10th gen days, I would regularly see posts by administrator and 360glitch (mod), and now it's almost non-existent.

Unfortunately for the community, hosting and licensing costs are not cheap and ad revenue is always narrowing. Without paid memberships, online forums just don't make sense financially.

TheDeliSauce

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The way a niche community like this is supposed to work is people sharing and people helping. Teamwork. These days there's just a lot of help ME, give ME, me me me.

Do you know how irritating it is to help everyone and when I ask them to give back to our community, they walk away or ignore it? They may as well just give me the finger. Classless.
I got some catharsis just from reading this. I can't imagine the level you got from saying it.

My consensus of peoples' social ideology recently is very similar: "Me, now! Me, now!". People are obsessed with the convenience of instant (minimal effort) gratification. They'll spend days & even weeks to hear what they want while refusing to take a few minutes to help the next guy.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think the owners of CivicX are taking a much more hands off approach than they used to. I remember in the early 10th gen days, I would regularly see posts by administrator and 360glitch (mod), and now it's almost non-existent.

Unfortunately for the community, hosting and licensing costs are not cheap and ad revenue is always narrowing. Without paid memberships, online forums just don't make sense financially.
I hear you. I started a site called ElantraClub.com back in 2002. It actually became quite big. After my wife died in 2015, I kind of lost my oomph for administering it but I've still kept it online for people to use as a reference. I have no ads there and all server and domain costs are out of my pocket.

I guess I'm just an old school nice guy idiot. :D

delayedend

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hyundai Kona N, 17 Civic Coupe Touring (Sold)
Country flag
...I have no ads there and all server and domain costs are out of my pocket.

I guess I'm just an old school nice guy idiot. :D
We don't really know what CivicX's owners situation is either. If they are just doing it on the side for fun, they might just take those costs for the good of the community.

But if they are intending to run it as a business, which I think they are, because they own 5-10 similar forums, no profit = no reason to keep it going. Xenforo ain't cheap (although, at this point they are probably just paying domain + hosting)!

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You can tell by the amount of ad scripts that run here which answer is correct. :cool:

Zedaine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hear you. It's sad it's come to this.

What's extra hard for me is unlike my own car forum, I can't really promote this they way I could. If I had my way, there would be a link to the thread on the CivicX main page. I've suggested a "Featured Topics" page to the CivicX admin where all the best pinned topics would be linked on that page. No luck.
I just added a link in my signature to this thread. Hopefully that helps a bit.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

seankizzu

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Vehicle: 2021 Civic Sport Hatch CVT

Total Tuned Time: ~ 1 month

Tuned Miles Driven: 1000

Tuning device(s) used : K tuner V2

Tunes used: Phearable 1.5

Fuel used: quick check 93, currently bp 93

Additional related mods: Borla s-type atback exhaust

Problems/issues: No issues as of now. Recently had cvt fluid changed to keep up with maintenance.

Driving style: Very average. My commute is 1.5 miles so typically I drive 3-5 miles a day. This month with the tune though I have driven it a bit harder to enjoy the tune. On weekends I’ll go for a back roads drive and push the car a little bit.

Tune experience notes: Phearable’s 1.5 tune is amazing. It really wakes up the car even in map 1 with 15psi. The ease of setup was great.

Just wanted to say thank you to GTman for everything he’s done with this thread and the community. I’m so excited to finally be apart of the tuned civic x community. Have a great day guys!

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate you taking time to add your car to the thread. As you put on more tuned miles, do a new post from time to time so I can update the stats. Good choice of tune.

One note: A 1.5 mile drive isn't good for the engine. It never really gets up to normal operating temp. Maybe from time to time take the long way. :cool:
Sponsored

Last edited: